Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

380SL Convertible Top Hinge Cover Weather Seal

949 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  miko1aj 
#1 ·
I am replacing my soft top and weather seals. I noticed the 17 piece kit did not come with the seal that is under the hinge cover and extends about an inch down the door jamb. Does anyone know what it is called and where I can get one for each side? They go under the pieces shown in the picture.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Bumper Automotive exterior Trunk Wire Vehicle

This is a picture I found online and marked up. The yellow circle is the overall location, the blue circle is where the seal comes out from under the hinge cover and extends down the door jamb. The green shape is where the seal is under the hinge. It follows that shape of the edge of hinge along the front edge.

#9 ·
I'll have to take off the cover on the passenger side tonight and see if I can make heads or tails of it. The pictures shown just don't seem right, unless there was some other seal or gasket under the edge of the cover as outlined in green on the picture I marked up. Once I take a picture, I will add it to the thread tonight. Thanks for all the input though, it has me puzzled.

#11 ·
Automotive exterior Auto part Fender Technology Tire

On mine it appeared something was under the cover that followed the shape of the green line and then back to the piece shown. Unless someone put some type of black weather strip sealant or something along the green line. Most of the seals were completely dry or melted from the Florida heat, making hard to identify. Like I said, I will take a pic tonight and post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.