Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just registered. I am normally on the MGB forums, but my father-in-law's 380 SL stopped on me and it's in my garage. A week ago, I put in a new radio for him, I stopped for gas while taking it home. It quit about 5 blocks away and I had it towed home. I figured fuel filter, done .. no change. It will start and run with starting fluid is telling me no fuel to the engine. Tested and put power to fuel pump.. it runs. Jumper wire to "fuel pump relay" .. the fuel pump runs continiously (even with key off) and engine WILL start and run smoothly. Replaced with TWO other (correct part number) relays, no change. I checked and cleaned all fuses, pulled and replaced as many electrical connections as I could find. No change. I have a hot battery, fuel pump that runs, engine that will start and run with a shot of starting fluid and a jumpered relay. What else will shut off fuel or signal it not to flow?
Thank you in advance if you might have an idea to get it running. RMikeM

·
Registered
82 380SL 96 SL500 03 SL500
6,165 Posts
Off the top of my head without looking at the wiring diagram, I'd say ignition switch. But like I said, WAG, and I really don't like guesses.

Here's a link to an online service manual for the 107 cars, which includes wiring diagrams for your car which might help.

Model 107

Also, you might want to re-ask the question on the 107 forum where you're more likely to get a more knowledgable answer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ... I just did both of your suggestions, but it's now late and I'll be back tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts