Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....

I'm working on an 82 380SEL. Getting many of the problems worked out. New tie rod ends, mono valve, and still need to find the power steering leak.

What I'm asking about now is the fact that the engine keeps running AFTER the key is off and OUT of the ignition!

Has anyone else experienced this with a gasser?

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the meantime, the forum archive has a wealth of information.
Please make sure to carefully read Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - Announcements in Forum : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class
Cheers
Cheers

Would you please do a search for me? Wade through all of the posts that happen to mention switch, run, .....blah...blah....blah...

FWIW....I've done a search.......and I hate search functions of forums......

BTW....I hope you have this reply pre typed so you can just cut and past it. I've seen it enough times.

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Cheers

Would you please do a search for me? Wade through all of the posts that happen to mention switch, run, .....blah...blah....blah...

BTW....I hope you have this reply pre typed so you can just cut and past it. I've seen it enough times.
I'm not being funny mate,but you won't get very far with that attitude.:eek:

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,697 Posts
Cheers

I have at tomes spent weeks searching the archives just to get to the root of a problem.
There is a wealth of information, and if searched as explained in the announcement/tutorial, provides good results.
Apparently some members cannot be bothered to actually read the 'Welcome.....' announcement on top.
To assume other members will do the work for you is an insult.
Everyone's time is of value, not just yours.

Here is your alternative. I am not sure how much they charge Mercedes - Technical Support - JustAnswer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have at tomes spent weeks searching the archives just to get to the root of a problem.
There is a wealth of information, and if searched as explained in the announcement/tutorial, provides good results.
Apparently some members cannot be bothered to actually read the 'Welcome.....' announcement on top.
To assume other members will do the work for you is an insult.
Everyone's time is of value, not just yours.

Here is your alternative. I am not sure how much they charge Mercedes - Technical Support - JustAnswer
I didn't mean it to come across as an insult! I was trying to get a across that searching for the required words would pull up a ton of irrelevant posts. If one is famiular with the forum it's easyer to sort through that stuff and find what one is looking for.

Sorry for the negitive sounding post! I guess I was having a bad night.

I'm also a member of a chainsaw forum. Even when I know what I'm searching for and famiular with previous posts it takes a while to find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
When your car is dieseling, key out of ignition, open your door. Is there a key in ignition warning buzzer? If not, does it give a buzzer when the key IS in the igintion and door open?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts