Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Last week when i wanted to come home from work, i put car into reverse and engine died.
turned on in neutral, all good, put into drive all good, back to reverse and again engine turns off.

Pushed car, out of space, put into drive and drove normally.

so im not sure what it is, Any help would be appreciated, because car cant reverse atm lol

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
is it idling at the proper range and have you checked the tranny fluid?

it's hard to put a finger on the prob without more detail so please make a few more observations, okay?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idle is fine, tranny fluid is fine, everything seems normal and good
drives normally in D, all i can say u hear like a click, sort of rely like, when u put into reverse and it turns off!

thats all i can observe

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Have you done a forum search?

To take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum, and even has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#. The forum archive has a wealth of information.
Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys, not much help on here
but i worked it out! there is a inhibitor switch on the transmission and its positive has shorted to the body.

Il fix that and all is good

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thanks for reporting back sofar.
I haven't heard of this problem before.
If this fix works, could you report that back to us too? This might help people with a similar problem in the future.

gr J

·
Registered
262 Posts
UH..ER...AH. Would that be the neutral safety switch??? perhaps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts