Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 380 se yeterday she just died, tired to restart , it wanted to fire but failed, though maybe I ran it out of fuel ( fuel gauge not accurate), let it sit ove night andwent back to it this am. I put two gallons of gas in for good measure. tried starting fired up and died instantly. so tried again, cranked a littel and fired up , but ran realy realy rough for about 10 sec. and died, thining its the fuel pump, is there a way of checking the fuel pressure ie shrader valve, if so where is it? any help would be awesome

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,674 Posts
I have an 85 380 se yeterday she just died, tired to restart , it wanted to fire but failed, though maybe I ran it out of fuel ( fuel gauge not accurate), let it sit ove night andwent back to it this am. I put two gallons of gas in for good measure. tried starting fired up and died instantly. so tried again, cranked a littel and fired up , but ran realy realy rough for about 10 sec. and died, thining its the fuel pump, is there a way of checking the fuel pressure ie shrader valve, if so where is it? any help would be awesome
Please read the 'Welcome to the forum' announcement / tutorial on top.
It shows how to complete your profile with a location, search archived threads (2 words of at least 3 letters) and more.
When was the fuel filter changed last time? The archive shows how to jumper out the fuel pressure relay (in your fuse / relay box) to see whether the fuel pump is operating / the relay is bad. Additional pressure test will show whether the pump puts out enough fuel. The pdf file for pressure testing is in the archive.
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts