Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560sec
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been looking at a low km [ 130k] version and wanted to know whether other members have been using premium unleaded petrol. Have owners had no difficulty in using unleaded? I have read old posts saying that you can use it but I was wondering what the real life experience has been.

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
I asked the tech guy I got on the phone from MBUSA as well as the tech section at MBCA. ...

I asked the tech guy I got on the phone from MBUSA as well as the tech section at MBCA. The 380 engine was built to run on regular (87 octane) fuel. You can run premium in it, but there isn't a real benefit for it.[:D]

·
Registered
560sec
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but Another question

We still have leaded gas down under but it will eventually disappear. So does the premium unleaded [98ron] cause damage over a number of years driving?

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
No, it won't damage it. It's just not necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing it t...

No, it won't damage it. It's just not necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing it that's fine. It's just an added expense that's not necessary. Now if you put LEADED gasoline in it, the engine and cat will be damaged!

·
Registered
560sec
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: No, it won't damage it. It's just not necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing it t

No, it won't damage it. It's just not necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing it that's fine. It's just an added expense that's not necessary. Now if you put LEADED gasoline in it, the engine and cat will be damaged!

Thank you I was just worrying about the future when [and if ?] they get rid of lead replacement fuel.

·
Registered
560sec
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: No, it won't damage it. It's just not necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing it t

Thank you I was just worrying about the future when [and if ?] they get rid of lead replacement fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts