'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Too bad it's white

...says the guy with a white car

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
something about those wheels... wrong offset?

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
"painted lowers"
91% white match?

And yea, suspension designed in conjunction with Jeep!

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,447 Posts
I spot dirt!!

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
They are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Back in the 90s this car was one of the only 4 seat euro cabriolets that was worthy of holding your Cuban cigars in the armrest. If you already bought the wife a horse, had the kids in private school and you were looking for a third car to drive down to your Ferretti at the harbor with this was it. Not a lot of them came to the U.S., they were built by hand and cost a shitload of coin. If you had wealth you knew that paying twice as much as the other guy did on his XJS was better show than your 18 karat Rolex Sub when gargling Johnnie Walker Blue on the 19th hole.

Now fast forward to 20 years later. It still looks good, drives good, and has this amazing 12 second ballet of brawn that takes the top from up to down. And when the top is down you are driving a sedan with no roof. They are unique and in some cases pretty rare in the U.S. And you can find a nice, reliable one for under 12k. I like it because I have other vehicles that are more modern, go faster and flatter, and are probably going to be more reliable in the long term, but this cabriolet just feels cool. Like pork pie hat Ray Ban Wayfarer cool, Sinatra or Miles Davis cool. Date night cool. Dark two lane roads at night with the foggies on cool. Kinda like a 22ft woody boat, its just a lot of fun to share and enjoy on a sunny day with three other people.

Add the details on the fit and finish, especially the exterior paint, is just miles above my newer vehicles when cleaned up. Definitely not for everyone or something you will see getting huge dollars across the auction blocks anytime soon, but It's a really nice ragtop that was without peer in its day.

·
Registered
1996, A124, E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
1,555 Posts
I'd pay very good money indeed for the passenger's seat out of that particular car..........!

Anyone here buys it let me know please.

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's one with 43,000 miles at $9,100 so far in Arizona:

Mercedes-Benz : E-Class E320 Cabriolet in Mercedes-Benz | eBay Motors

WDBEA66E6SC282864

Great Condition! Always Garaged. Gold Exterior Tan interior. Original Spare Tire never down.
Non Smoker. Factory CD-Player. All Books and records. Has Power seats with Memory. Original Top in Great
like new shape. Car has always been an Arizona car so no possibility of rust.
Very Clean Cabriolet. Serious buyers only. Has Chrome Mercedes Wheels. 4 Wheel ABS. Has leather
shrinking on side of center console and small 3/4" paint blemish on right front of hood. Both are shown
in pictures. No dings or dents.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts