Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I just bought my new C-Class over the weekend....and because of the waiting period which I can't wait due to my old car...I need to take up a C-Class that dont have the HID Kit with it......and now I am planning to install one myself...I have previously installed HIDs but mostly on Jap cars......and I just have a few Questions in regards to aftermarket HID Kits for the C-Class.

I understand that since HID Kits runs on a different type of power etc....if I install a 35W HID Kit the car console will light up showing the lights are out?? However I understand that there are 55W HID Kit available in the market at the moment. If I get 55W HID kit for my car is that means the lights out icon in the console will not display since the factory lights are running at 12V 55W as well??

If I get 55W HID it should burn out my wiring on my C-Class right??

Thanks heaps guys...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh....and one more question....the tilt function with the car....will my aftermarket HID Kit disable this function???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are you saying that tilt function should have no different in terms of aftermarket HID.....

and for 55W HID I shouldnt need any add on kits like they sell at DDM Tuning where it changed the voltage for you????

·
Registered
W204
172 Posts
So are you saying that tilt function should have no different in terms of aftermarket HID.....

and for 55W HID I shouldnt need any add on kits like they sell at DDM Tuning where it changed the voltage for you????
If you didn't get the bi-xenons then your headlights don't have the tilt function.
Installing an HID kit won't affect your headlamps in anyway. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you didn't get the bi-xenons then your headlights don't have the tilt function.
Installing an HID kit won't affect your headlamps in anyway. :)
Right thanks for the info on the tilting.......too bad I couldnt get the package that comes with the Bi-Xenons....

so that means even if I install an HID kit....the error light message in the car will not light up anyway right...

Sorry guys just need to double confirm because im located in Australia Sydney....and if I order HID Kits it would be from the states

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right thanks for the info on the tilting.......too bad I couldnt get the package that comes with the Bi-Xenons....

so that means even if I install an HID kit....the error light message in the car will not light up anyway right...

Sorry guys just need to double confirm because im located in Australia Sydney....and if I order HID Kits it would be from the states
Not quite true. From what I understand you will need to get a attachment to your HID's that fool the system into believing that you have a 55w bulb if you've only got a 35w bulb. Otherwise you'll get the bulb out message.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes thats true....what if I just get a 55W HID Kit...will I need those attachments?? to fool the system???

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
The key is, you want a system which consumes 55W, not outputs 55W. If the kit consumes 55 watts and puts out = standard 35W bulb, you will be fine. There are some systems out there which do this, Mtec being one of them. You could also check out the ML and R forums, where there are alot of people who have completed this conversion without error codes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah thats what I thought....I guess the car basically measures the Amps used on the lights.....if its lower then what it should be then error message appears.....

however I have been researching for HID lights.....and there are some doggy once out there which say it is a 55W HID kit however it may only use 40W or 45W then the error message will still appears....

For those which want no problems I would suggest you to go for HIDWORLD.COM - Your Source Of HID Xenon Lighting System. - these HIDs are from china but I email the seller they say there will be no problems with them installing on my C-Class...I have ordered a set, if everything goes well I should have them within this week....

and I will keep u guys posted if it is a success....or NOT!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had HIDWORLD.COM kits before, they work well, are nice, but the ballast are big. Too hard to mount under the hood. The slim ones from ddm have worked out a lot better. It makes the install job easier and you dont notice it when you open up the hood. Regardless of what they told you, you will probably still need the bulb out warning capacitors.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C350, Mars Red, Pano Rood, Mult Media...
19 Posts
Whats the deal with the tilt option? I have a C350 with bi xenons, but didnt know anything about tilting, or is this not available on u.s. versions??

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well...I emailed DDM tuning about the HID kits....I wish I could've got it from them...but I cant because I'm located in Australia Sydney they cant really do shipping to my area.

As far as the tilt....for my C-Class it already comes with the tilt without the bi-xenons, I believe differnet location would have a differnet spec....but I've heard that in US if u get the package which comes with the Bi-Xenons there should be tilt function with it.....is not that much of a bigger deal.....u only meant to use it when you have heavy stuff in the boot and u need adjustment to the lights...so you will not blind everyone....thats all..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whats the deal with the tilt option? I have a C350 with bi xenons, but didnt know anything about tilting, or is this not available on u.s. versions??

Thanks
The tilt function is called self levelling. The Bi-Xenon will always level itself regardless of the tilt car from uneven weight distribution (ie if you have a heavy load in the boot). You should notice this when the bi-Xenon turn on. It will self level

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tilt function is called self levelling. The Bi-Xenon will always level itself regardless of the tilt car from uneven weight distribution (ie if you have a heavy load in the boot). You should notice this when the bi-Xenon turn on. It will self level
Oh...the US version is Automatic??? AUS one is not...its manual....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh.....YESTERDAY.....I received the package of my HID kit from HIDWORLD....I must say....there are good points and bad points.....

Firstly, the package was sent via UPS with tracking....now bad....ordered on monday received it on thursday....but the package comes with water...the package was wet...and the packaging is totally crap....I couldnt keep the box not because of the wet issue is that the HID Kit seems like was re packaged.......shocking....and the photos of the HID kit in the site was not the same one......I would say they get anything thats cheap...and yes...the ballast was abit too big......but I manage to install them so I guess is ok..

However I installed the HID kit with no issues.....the light came out GREAT!!! I mean what more do u want for $165 USD....as long as it works!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts