Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents:

Anybody in the know know whether I can get a 2.7" deep speaker (Focal) in the stock door slot? I've scoured the forum but can't find any digits on speaker depth. I want to use the stock location and do not want to mess with the factory door speaker grilles.

Thx,
Doody

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
I put a pair of MB Quart PCE 164 woofers in the door locations on my car. They're 2.5" deep, but I don't think 0.2" more depth should be a problem.

I hope you're only putting woofers in the doors. Any mid or high sounds from that door location would be lost or upset the staging.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Illuminated door sills

I bought Cyberdrakon's door sills and put them in my car last weekend.

I tapped into the power cable for the courtesy lights (red/white) and got the ground from the door switches. On the driver's side I used the upper door switch. On the passenger side I used the lower switch.

I also got a box like Cascade and put that in. I'll probably have it painted gray to match the rest of the interior if I decide to keep it.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alex. yeah, it's a component speaker. the low end will go in the door and the tweeter will go into the dash spot firing up into the windshield.

NICE sills!!!!!

what the hell is that box thing?

doody

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
what the hell is that box thing?

doody
The official name is "Oddment Box", some call it a Glock Box.

It's actually for a W124, a factory aftermarket accessory.

It fits the W126 fire extinguisher bracket, with a minor modification.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The official name is "Oddment Box", some call it a Glock Box.

It's actually for a W124, a factory aftermarket accessory.

It fits the W126 fire extinguisher bracket, with a minor modification.
Hey Axel, Im gald the oddment box worked out for you! It looks nice in there. Rgds, Austin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts