Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dark & FARR have asked my opinion on my cataclysmic reformation in the last 8 damnedfiable days. moving from a 55 to a 350 due to a massive malfunction. someone called 'life' forced this downsize-you can see more on that in other posts.
But to answer & ask the quesions, I give this current account:
What?--just spent a lot of USD on a repair & prevent problems I read about here. For whatever reasons that still have my ire and anger, that wasn't meant to be.
Why? It no longer makes economic or emotional sense to divest my life in this one machine.
How? I dialed my life long family friend; asked for a quick fix. + wanted another w163 & needed it desparately now.
What for? Told me that he can have a w163 in silver with anthracite grey like mine on the yard in 8 hours. V6 but essentially the same.
Due to life's necessities, I rolled the dice site unseen. Verbally bought it on the phone & asked for delivery.
Where? My indy's shop. After a full throated, blasphemed tyrannic bitch rant, I accept my fate & use my phone to save what's left of my life & that's not much.
How did it change? friend/sales assoc drops off 350 to me. says 'it's yours..pay me tomorrow'. I drive it home. NO wood on steering wheel! ugh. & I left my CD magazine after emptying the car. Controls are in 'different' spots...window, mirrors, etc.
How is it better? GAS! paid 3.15 but tripo shows me @ 18.2. Would only see that on the best day of my AMG. Love the stitch work on seats. I notice the quality improvements from my '00 to this '03. Want to learn the newer options that FARR has but I'm too poor to obtain.:p
How is it different? obvious. power. I'm 'driving' my QX4 again regarding power. That's the only reason I ask mem's here their opinion. This is not to berrate or shun any v6 owner here--I'm one now. I'd never driven a 4 or 6 MB before my v8 purchases. to be fair she is throaty, but I'm downsizing foot-to-peddle wise.
Looks? Love them! Boca, FARR, I've been envious of your projectors for a while. didn't want to get them this way! lol. Curtain airbags, nice upgrade! Fog lamp design is far better than before. MCS background is now black not blue. center console holds a big-gulp cup! 7 way seat vs 5(?) on mine. auto feature on headlamps. miss my white background on dash.
Why did my 99 QX4 have auto-climate controls but wasn't available on a '00 AMG? Took MB til '02-'03 seasons to fit this? rather stingy & silly.
What I don't like? no not power-power is different; it's not a + or - depending on your needs/preference. seat composition is different. I feel more narrow in this truck. cruise stalk/stem must be broken; just sits there & no effect. no wooden wheel, no throaty gurgle from her loins from dual pipes. & brakes with ebrake feel 'softer' than I'm accustomed.
Why no 500? easy. I wanted one, but this got to my face first & you do what you have to do + the clk55 is still in the stable.
Why I'm still happy? I got another 163 with stuff that I need, not what I want. Moreover, I love you guys, esp. 43-even though that's squishy for him. I love this chassis but I love my flesh family more. I made a new balance.
What keeps me going? my faith, this newer truck, my wife, my emptied bank account, & the knowledge & know-how of brothers/sisters/members here. I've made made into ruin & rott in the last 8 days, but I've also been made whole. You folks are family & are part of that 'whole'. thanks as I tank myself in a thing known as a w163:)

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,466 Posts
LOL! You're a funny dude, ..., and insane too! Can't believe you just dropped in on the 350 just because of whatever:D. Good you noticed the facelifted interior. Here's why I know I don't have to worry about you:
Why I'm still happy? I got another 163 with stuff that I need, not what I want. Moreover, I love you guys, esp. 43-even though that's squishy for him. I love this chassis but I love my flesh family more. I made a new balance.
Here's why I think I'm insane for saying that I don't have to worry about you
What keeps me going? ...this newer truck,... & the knowledge & know- how of brothers/sisters/members here. I've made into ruin & rott in the last 8 days, but I've also been made whole. You folks are family & are part of that 'whole'. thanks as I thank myself in a thing known as a w163:)

Good luck man, but you do know that the 350 as all of them are just as problematic as any of them, right? HAPPY NEW YEAR bud! Gotta just love life....

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
oreif,

You never cease to crack me up with your sense of humour; it's priceless! LOL

Thanks for taking the time to respond to our questions so comprehensively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts