Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I sold my Rolex with all the problems I had with it.
While in Bangkok I had I friend ask me to pick him up the new Tag "Tiger Woods" knock off. The bands were stainless and they looked awesum. I bought him one and I got two for myself and one for my father.
I got two so if one brakes I throw it away and where the other. One is the black face and one is the white. The can't tell you the compliments I have gotten on that watch in the last month. Ilove telling everyone it is a cheap knock off. I had several jewlers refuse to take links out of the band because they thought it was a real Tag. LMAO. One sold Tags and could not believe it was a knock off. Of course he would not do the band. I used his tool and did it myself in two minutes. 6k for the same look how can you beat it. I would rather have 10 knock offs for 500 then one real one for 6K. They money for me is better spent on upgrading my toys.
I do see where it is nice to pass on a quality time piece to your children in the future.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Motzkoman - 3/25/2005 1:37 PM

malibuite - 3/25/2005 1:28 PM
... climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro...
When did you climb? I went up 10/18-23/88...[:p]
September 2000. Did you go the entire way on the Marangu Route or climb the Rongai Route from the Kenya side (which joins with the Marangu)? Don't remember the exact dates as I was in Kenya and Tanzania for 5 weeks to climb Kili and follow the wildebeast migration.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/25/2005 1:48 PM
September 2000. Did you go the entire way on the Marangu Route or climb the Rongai Route from the Kenya side (which joins with the Marangu)? Don't remember the exact dates as I was in Kenya and Tanzania for 5 weeks to climb Kili and follow the wildebeast migration.
We (exwife and I) went the Marangu Route...it was after two weeks in Kenya (3 week total trip), so we had a bit of altitude acclimation prior to the climb that helped...[:eek:)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Motzkoman - 3/25/2005 1:53 PM

malibuite - 3/25/2005 1:48 PM
We (exwife and I) went the Marangu Route...it was after two weeks in Kenya (3 week total trip), so we had a bit of altitude acclimation prior to the climb that helped...[:eek:)]
Not me, sick as a dog the last part of the climb but I made it. I am also afraid of heights so I force myself to face that fear at every opportunity. Last year climbed to the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. The climb was not very hard and the views were spectacular but I was holding on for dear life the whole way (even though we were attached to the bridge by a tether)! [:D]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/25/2005 2:25 PM
Last year climbed to the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. The climb was not very hard and the views were spectacular but I was holding on for dear life the whole way (even though we were attached to the bridge by a tether)! [:D]
I loved Sydney as well...had the opportunity to go twice for 8-9 days each time on business in 2000 just before the Olympics...would love to go back...[;)]

·
Registered
SLK 200K
176 Posts
notice the "KOMPRESSOR" badge come with older model on the rear, on the r171 they omit it because of the curve on the r171 trunk if you put straight lettering on the curve surface it look kinda odd even as few letters as SLK200/350 stand from behind and look at it doesnt really look straight and yet ruin the curve on the trunk... after removing the lettering i found that it curves arround very nicely and make the car look more symetrical. It nothing to do with trying to fool people, seriously for those people who cant tell the different between MBs model it make no different which MB you drive, and for that do knows their MBs you think it would be that easy to fool them? and another thing no one really give a rat ass what other people drive, everyone have their own problems to mind about, it just that humans are so ego centric and thinks that everything is about themselves, well its not.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Duo-Art - 3/25/2005 4:18 PM

I didn't mean to imply that anyone should buy a "genuine Rolex". I can well aford one but my $179 Seiko is good enough for me. It keeps time very acurately. That's all I ask from a watch.
Fortunately we humans have choices. Not everyone has to drive a Toyota, or wear a Timex, or eat beef. I think it is great that someone with an interest in watches has the opportunity to purchase and wear such a masterpiece. And it is great that inexpensive quartz watches are of such good quality these days, and remain more accurate than their mechanical counterparts.

And in this day of nose jobs, breast implants and liposuction, why not strap on a rolex knock-off, and stick on an AMG logo. I don't understand why someone wants to go through with the charade though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
jlangmd - 3/26/2005 8:41 AM ...And in this day of nose jobs, breast implants and liposuction, why not strap on a rolex knock-off, and stick on an AMG logo. I don't understand why someone wants to go through with the charade though.
You forgot the rolled up sock in the pants (men only) trick. It goes great with the "Lolex". To each their own.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
I debadge all my cars. I had and M3, Porsche 911 and debadge them.. I like the CLEAN look without the letters/clutter.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Even if I removed the badge my personalized license plate has "SLK" on it[8D]

Are any 55 AMG owners removing their badges? I doubt it after paying all that extra money[;)]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/27/2005 1:28 PM

Are any 55 AMG owners removing their badges? I doubt it after paying all that extra money[;)]
So is the personalized plate a secret...[?]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Motzkoman - 3/27/2005 6:16 PM

malibuite - 3/27/2005 1:28 PM

So is the personalized plate a secret...[?]
It is until I get it [;)] Still haven't received my regular plates from DMV but understand the dealer didn't send the paperwork to DMV until 3 weeks after I picked the car up so I still may have a couple of weeks to wait. My personalized plates are in and I will have to call DMV to hold them.[:(]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/27/2005 6:42 PM
It is until I get it [;)] Still haven't received my regular plates from DMV but understand the dealer didn't send the paperwork to DMV until 3 weeks after I picked the car up so I still may have a couple of weeks to wait. My personalized plates are in and I will have to call DMV to hold them.[:(]
My god...after our prior conversations, I can't believe the dealer is so flakey...to wait so long...my condolences..I must say you have "piqued" my curiosity about your plates...hang in there...[;)] [:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Motzkoman - 3/27/2005 8:32 PM

malibuite - 3/27/2005 6:42 PM
My god...after our prior conversations, I can't believe the dealer is so flakey...to wait so long...my condolences..I must say you have "piqued" my curiosity about your plates...hang in there...[;)] [:D][8D][:D]
Don't get your interest too "piqued" as it is nothing outstanding. Very simple really. Very few people understood my last personalized plate so I am keeping it simple this time[8D]I do get the "arts" plate when I buy personalized. With the surf and palm trees and sun it looks very California [8D][8D]

From what the dealer told me, they wait until they have a "bundle" of vehicle registrations to submit before they send them. Hence the 3 week lag time[:(]

By the way, when you had to ask for your plates to be held, did you call DMV or go by there? I hope I can just call them as the nearest one to me is about 25 miles away.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/28/2005 9:54 AM

By the way, when you had to ask for your plates to be held, did you call DMV or go by there? I hope I can just call them as the nearest one to me is about 25 miles away.
I have to admit, I actually went by because I thought I could pay some hold fee and have them in my possession, but that was not to be. I would start by calling them and with your situation, it won't be months like mine, so I don't know why they wouldn't do it over the phone (there was no additional fee involved)...hope they come soon...[;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Motzkoman - 3/28/2005 11:10 AM

malibuite - 3/28/2005 9:54 AM

I have to admit, I actually went by because I thought I could pay some hold fee and have them in my possession, but that was not to be. I would start by calling them and with your situation, it won't be months like mine, so I don't know why they wouldn't do it over the phone (there was no additional fee involved)...hope they come soon...[;)]
Sigh...I guess I will have to go by the DMV as when you call you only get a central answering service to schedule appointments etc.

BTW, just noticed in the General Mercedes Events forum there is going to be a NoCal MB meet on 4/2 in Sacramento. They are going to have barbeque!!![:0][:0] For a Southern girl, that is almost hard to pass up but I will be home watching Carolina beat Michigan State. [:D][:D]GO TAR HEELS!![:p][:p]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/28/2005 4:50 PM
BTW, just noticed in the General Mercedes Events forum there is going to be a NoCal MB meet on 4/2 in Sacramento. They are going to have barbeque!!![:0][:0] For a Southern girl, that is almost hard to pass up but I will be home watching Carolina beat Michigan State. [:D][:D]GO TAR HEELS!![:p][:p]
Hadn't heard a thing about this in our No. CA SLK group...seems like this meet is Mercedes in general...inviting BBQ and I am sure it will be great for those there...I have other commitments...look forward to the April SLK event later in the month...

BTW...as alumni...Go Trojans of USC...next chance of course...[:p][:p][:p]

21 - 39 of 39 Posts