Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 02 330i Bmw because of multiple issues however I loved the car! It drove and handeled very pristine and sharp. I just purchased a 2006 C230 sport. Red/Blk , auto with 20,800 miles no nav or heated seats.
I have a couple quick questions if someone could PLEASE help me out.
What is the sport or do all of them have it?
How will it compare to the 06 330i sport?
How do I get the bluetooth to connect with my phone?
What is the s and c button by the auto shifter?
I just purchased it last night and it was snowing all the way home (About flew off the freeway) so I couldn't get the car over 30mph.

Thanks for helping me out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 C230 Sport, so this may not all be applicable. The sport model has a little different interior and has a sport-susspension as opposed to luxury. Tight versus cushy.

The S and C buttons on your shifter allow you in your sport to loosen up the sport suspension by pressing C for Cruise (I think). I leave mine in S for Sport almost always.

As for your Bluetooth, I have it in my 2007 GL450. Pretty complicated to explain and I don't have my manuals handy. Suggest someone else help you with this.

Good luck and happy driving.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I just sold my 02 330i Bmw because of multiple issues however I loved the car! It drove and handeled very pristine and sharp. I just purchased a 2006 C230 sport. Red/Blk , auto with 20,800 miles no nav or heated seats.
I have a couple quick questions if someone could PLEASE help me out.
What is the sport or do all of them have it?
How will it compare to the 06 330i sport?
How do I get the bluetooth to connect with my phone?
What is the s and c button by the auto shifter?
I just purchased it last night and it was snowing all the way home (About flew off the freeway) so I couldn't get the car over 30mph.

Thanks for helping me out.
Did you test-drive the car at all?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sorry--the C and S next to the shifter have nothing to do with the suspension. The switch is a transmission shift option setting. "C" is comfort--the transmission starts in second gear and delivers marginally softer shifting. "S" is standard--and starts the transmission in first gear. The suspension is not adjustable on the C-class, and there is no sport setting on the transmission. The sport model does have slightly revised suspension and may have larger wheels and tires.
A C 230 will fare badly in comparison to a BMW 330i. I'm not sure the '06 330i Bimmer has the twin-turbos and common rail injection; if it does, the C 230 will fare even worse. You're giving up considerable horsepower and gaining weight with the C-class, so you will be disappointed in the straight-line performance. The 3-series is the king of that class. The new C-class is a better car than its predecessor, but it is a mini-me of the E and S, not a sport sedan in the same vein as the 3. The only C-class cars that are road burners have AMG on the right side of trunk lid.
That said, the C-class is a fine car for what it is. As an entry-level premium car it does very well.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Best of luck, the 06 C-class will probably be somewhat more reliable.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You will be happy with your C230. They are very fun cars to drive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
why???? indeed I think I would prefer the bimmer; only you can answer why you got the Benz instead.

I'm not sure the '06 330i Bimmer has the twin-turbos and common rail injection;
AFAIK the 3.0 twin turbo was not out yet in 06. It is designated "_35" (eg 135, 335, 535) despite not being 3.5 liters

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just traded my 2006 330ci convertible for a 2007 C230 Sport with Nav (red/ash) ... it is a more comfortable ride than the BMW but the BMW was much faster (even with the additional weight of the convertible) ... the C-Class moves ... just not from a dead stop :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts