Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got finished with getting the 33" (285-65-18's) put on. We set the Nittos (285-60-18's) next to them and were amazed by the difference in size. The BFG's sit 1.5 inches higher than the Nittos despite the Nittos being 32's.

Now to fitment ... they fit PERFECTLY albeit a small rub at full lock though. Real snug and IMO looks 10X better than the Nittos. The side profile is just unreal(yet still looking classy and civilized, something very hard to do). I feel like I'm in Jurrasic Park everytime I see the truck. I DO NOT suggest you get this tire size if you do not have a lift. Stick to the Nitto's as a MAX with no lift. These BFG's I feel are also a MAX for those with a lift kit. Anything larger just wouldnt look right and would rub immensly off-road.

I will take pics later since it's storming out ...

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also ... something funny worth mentioning is that these are the LAST set of this tire size for a while. My tire guy said that numerous stores tried to get them from him and even offered large premiums for them. I'm happy I got the last set ... this way I KNOW there are no other MLs like mine... LOL

·
BenzWorld Post Whore
10 E350 4MATIC
3,832 Posts

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
I NEED PICTURES.

There is a guy near me who has (4) 285/70 R17's for sale for $400.

I would need a full spare....new....and installation....

Tires for half price!

He claims they have 2000 miles on them.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/14/2005 6:53 PM

I NEED PICTURES.

There is a guy near me who has (4) 285/70 R17's for sale for $400.

I would need a full spare....new....and installation....

Tires for half price!

He claims they have 2000 miles on them.
I'll get pics tommorow .. I PROMISE !!

As for the tires ... YOU NEED THEM !! GO GET THEM NOW, specially for that price !! LOL

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
MLOffRoad - 3/14/2005 10:48 AM

Now to fitment ... they fit PERFECTLY albeit a small rub at full lock though.
Same here, PERFECTLLY with 33" BFGs! Just a little rubbing 'noise' to remind one that they don't like running full lock.... ;)
Here's a side profile, 285/75 R16 BFG All-Terrain T/A, 99 ML320:

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wolfgang - 3/14/2005 11:57 PM

MLOffRoad - 3/14/2005 10:48 AM

Now to fitment ... they fit PERFECTLY albeit a small rub at full lock though.
Same here, PERFECTLLY with 33" BFGs! Just a little rubbing 'noise' to remind one that they don't like running full lock.... ;)
Here's a side profile, 285/75 R16 BFG All-Terrain T/A, 99 ML320:

I dont know how you can run those without a lift !!

They looked stuffed in those wheel wells ... LOL

Mine arent that snug, I'll post pics tommorow so we can compare.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
MLOffRoad - 3/14/2005 9:10 PM

I dont know how you can run those without a lift !!

They looked stuffed in those wheel wells ... LOL

Mine arent that snug, I'll post pics tommorow so we can compare.
Can't put much weight in when off-road. With kids and luggage in the rear, I'd need the ORC lift kit, too.

I also noticed some MLs have a slightly smaller wheelcutout. I took the liner out on the left where it's a bit tighter, cut it a bit, and shuffed it back in to make some more room in the front of the left rear wheel.

Looking forward to your pics!!!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry ... it's been raining here non stop for the past few days. I'll get some good pics when it dries up. I promise it will be worth the wait.

I also got something else to make the truck look a bit meaner as well as help me not roll-over and rub anymore. LOL [:p]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
I am tracking the weather in Orlando....

You should be OK to take picture tomorrow.

Can't you find a gas station with an awning?

Geeesh!!!

Look meaner? Not roll over and rub?

Sounds like Monster garage stuff.

Giant iron spikes welded to the rocker panels?

[?]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Still

waiting

for

pictures

[|)]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
They must have been too big.

Poor guy rolled over and is trapped somewhere in a Florida swamp.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/22/2005 11:03 PM

They must have been too big.

Poor guy rolled over and is trapped somewhere in a Florida swamp.
LMAO ... that made my day. Very funny stuff man. Actually I just havnt gotten around to it. I have been busy trying to take care of some other things. I had some problems getting someone to do a 4 wheel alignment. Luckily my SA is awesome and helped me get it all taken care of in shop. All of the people at the dealership love my truck, they think it looks awesome. Anyways, enough teasing. I will get pics ASAP.

On another note the other item I was talking about was the H&R spacers, but they wont be here for a while so I will take more pics when they come in.

Also I know about wheel spacers and what everyone has to say about them. After weighing the risk to reward ratio I decided to go for them anyway.

Anyways, PICS ARE COMING !!!

Benz4Dirt&Sky, are you waiting on the pics so you can make a decision on those tires you might get ???

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Yep. But I am not in a hurry. Just giving you a hard time and trying to keep this thread on the front page.

There was a guy who had four barely used BFGs for sale, but they were snapped up before I came across them....$400 for 4.

I missed the spacer conversation. What is the point? What do they do?

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the long wait ... these pics suck, but they are better than nothing. I'll take better pics with better lighting soon enough.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/23/2005 11:52 AM

Yep. But I am not in a hurry. Just giving you a hard time and trying to keep this thread on the front page.

There was a guy who had four barely used BFGs for sale, but they were snapped up before I came across them....$400 for 4.

I missed the spacer conversation. What is the point? What do they do?
The spacers will push my wheels out so that they will be somewhat flush with my flares. They still havnt arrived, so it will look better once they are on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts