Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and drove my first CLK Convertible. You push the top up a bit then the motor drive takes over to stow the top. Except, the top got stuck part way up and needed another push. The guy says "they all do that". Do they? Sounds like a car dealer story to me. I know what you folks are saying about the "clunky suspension" now also. Even still, I gotta have one of these![8)]

·
Registered
CLK 230K Conv
63 Posts
Mine sticks sometimes just needs a little push. Small price to pay for a roof that drops in 30secs.

·
Registered
W208
106 Posts
ya mines is the same way you have to push it up kind of hard for it to start going, in my bmw 330ic it doesn't exsist, one touch button it goes up and down, no pushing at all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a pathetic statement for a $50,000 car, and it isn't true! I bought my 1999 CLK Cabrio new and had this problem for 3 years until I switched service dealers. They fixed it right away -- said it was a cable not attached or tensioned correctly. It has worked (in that respect) flwlessly for almost 3 years. The dealer that fixed it is Murray Motors in Denver if your dealer needs to call someone.[;)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts