Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I was wondering, since my post(s) about our E320CDI T-modell were never answered, are the E320CDI and S320CDI actually imported in de US?
If so, they mustn't have sold very good, seen that no-one knows the answer to ANY 320CDI post here on this site! Quite irritating really (sry)[:(!][V][V][V][B)][B)].

eh, well, I think I must go and find another forumsite.(just for this one I ensure you[:D][;)])

regards,

matteus

·
Registered
C 30 CDI AMG
17 Posts
Hi, i live in Portugal and i have a S 320 CDI and a C 270 CDI. The disel engine are grea...

Hi, i live in Portugal and i have a S 320 CDI and a C 270 CDI. The disel engine are great and better then most of the gasoline. You can see in the galerie photos of my S 320 CDI.

Best regards
Ricardo Esteves

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever had any problems with it? the 320 aswell as the 270, but especially the 32...

Have you ever had any problems with it? the 320 aswell as the 270, but especially the 320CDI I'm intressted in.

quote from my earlier post:
"Hi,
we have a '00 E320 CDI T-modell.
It has 118.000 kms and drives very properly.
Only 2 things I'm wondering about:

-when the car is driven normal (no harsh acc., no high revs) it goes into emergency-running-mode ('noodloop' for the dutch-speaking people). This means the engine doesn't revv over 3000rpm and no hard acc.

-the car has clean exhaustfumes when driven normally, but when the car is in the emerg. running mode, there's always a lot of black smoke coming out.

ofcourse it seems that these two things are in some way connected to each other. "

We also heard from a guy who has an E270CDI and he says he has the exact same problem.
Mercedes-Benz doesn't recognize the problem.
We think it's definatly the engine management that's going wrong.

hope you can help me, but I doubt you can.

anyway,
thx,

matteus.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
314 Posts
Diesels

Mercedes hasn't sold any diesel models in North America since the w210 E300, which did quite poorly. We miss out on the wonderful diesels, including the S400 CDI, which is one of the fastest and most powerful diesel models in the world, with over 560nm of torque.. ( I think ). I think there are plans to bring them back, however, since the CDI engines offer quite a lot of torque.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making myself as clear as possible!!! plz someone read...

yes, you're right about the torquey thing, I know[:D][:p][;)], hehe. our 320CDI gives 470NMs of good usable torque, very good together with the 5speed autobox.
Only shitty thing: when it goes into emergency-running-mode, it just won't go over 3000rpm, no mather how hard you RAM the pedal in the carpet! So, you will say, good opertunity to see what that kind of torque is worth! NO WAY! Says the enginemanagement. If you floor it from zero, it pulls okey in the first two gears, shifting at about 2800/3000 rpm, but from then on it in one word SLOW, no even in two words: VERY SLOW! My dad says that when it is in emerg.run.mode, the engine seems to have rather NOT ENOUGH torque to operate the gearbox properly. This is defenitly not the case when it runs as normal.(duuuh!).
There is also a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust when in emerg.run.mode, so my dad thinks this is due to a shortcoming of air (oxygen) and to much fuel coming into the engine.

Maybe the management thinks there is something wrong with the turbo and 'shuts it off'???

This is a very difficult case, but especially very irritating AND very dangerous. the car doesn't go into the emerg.run.m. when it's standing still (e.g. trafficlights) but goes into it when your accelerating smoothly away. It suddenly jumps into it in lets say third gear, and my dad says you can easily feel that moment. This is dangerous because, you're in a car that has 200BHP, wich is quite some potentional power, and you have to move quickly (or you're less stressed of the situation because you have time and power enough to evoid or whatever something), but you stamp on the gaspedal and it goes of very slowly(or surely to slow). This can cause problems!

I don't think the turbo is broken, because in that case there would be no reason why the engine limits itself to 3000 rpm and takes away so much of the low-down torque. Or maybe it is broke? and the computer detects it, and that puts the engine in safety-mode.
But then, the car couldn't drive normal, because when the turbo is out, it stays out.
pfffffff, I don't know man...[xx(][xx(][xx(][:(][:(][:(][V][V][V][V][V][V][B)][B)][B)][B)]

one more thing: When the gearbox is in 5th (D), it jumps rather fast into the safety-mode, but when you put it in 4th (with the tiptronic system), it doesn't go in it very easily. Also: when you drive normally (that's lets say shifting at about 2500/2750/3000) and the car senses that you don't wont to drive fast and sporty, it goes in it quickly. When you let the car know you wont to drive very fast (going all the way down with your foot and going to 4500/5000) it doesn't go in it so easily.

so, I really don't know how I can make myself any more clear. I said everything I know. We are desperate![V][:(!][B)][xx(][:(]

still hope someone can help.

greetzz,

matteus

·
Registered
2002 G500
15 Posts
As stated before, currently DCGA doesn't import CDI engines into the US through MBUSA, alt...

As stated before, currently DCGA doesn't import CDI engines into the US through MBUSA, although they have just started to use that powerplant in a Dodge Sprint (a copy cat of the MB / Freightliner Sprint) in the US.

You may want to post your question in the G forum, because there are quite a few people on that board from Europe you do drive G's with CDI engines, and they are very smart and helpful folks regarding diagnostic issues.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
The E320 CDI sedan is coming to the US in the next few months

The E320 CDI sedan is coming to the US in the next few months

·
Registered
C 30 CDI AMG
17 Posts
Hi,

At the begining i had some electrical problems with S 320 CDI, but since Mercedes ...

Hi,

At the begining i had some electrical problems with S 320 CDI, but since Mercedes resolve i dont´t have any kind of problem, but my only have 50.000km and i buy it new. About the 270 CDI, i have nothing to complain about and i consider the 270 the best diesel engine because it had a low consuption and great performance!

Best regards
Ricardo Esteves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts