Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let me know how that cover comes off. I found the one clip center front, and there look to be two clips in back on either side. Is the total 3 or are there more? Just replacing air filters. Thanks.

found them. thanks anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
mine just has two holding the lid on,but i did notice it fought me coming off and going back on when i went to check the condition of the filter.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Just be careful for the clips on the back when you put the lid back. Make sure that both arms go around the rubber plug, otherwise you will bent one of them flat. I think the dealer charges something like $30 a clip. Fortunately you can bent them back into shape if needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. You were right about those clips. I am a Real Mechanic: it only took 90 minutes :]

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Don't feel bad - all of us started out like that. The important thing is just to persevere. Everything get much quicker as you gain experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure am glad you asked that question. I joined this forum just for that very topic, but was too embarrassed to post the query. I'll look again when she gets home with her 01 320.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Knowledge !

I had the same feelings when i got my 320 last year ! Did not know howto remove the cover, but did not want to pull it too hard and break anything ! :eek:

As they say `it`s easy when you know how !` regards Damian. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts