Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK230 Kompressor
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

if I can manage to complete it %100, I am thinking to swap my 230K engine with 32 AMG engine.

most of you will reply, "dont do just trade for 32 AMG which is not imported to my country. also there is law which prohibit to import vehicle if it's age older than 3 years!!! because of that I have no oppportunity to sell my 230K and buy Slk 32 AMG.

by the way my vehicle body (exterior - interior) is in perfect condition. I only looking for more hp from this vehicle. Dont reply "buy asp pulley" I already have one which is installed to vehicle on September or October 2008.

I like shape, style and overall condition of my vehicle the only thing that I think that how can I get more hp, with m111 230k engine I only have a chance ~ 20 more hp if I squeeze it and pay £2,000 /-GBP !!!

as I seen in ebay I can buy C32 Amg engine about $2,000 /-USD. !!!

I need help to have a list of necessary parts for this conversion.

as I know now ;

1- complete 32 AMG engine
2- C32 AMG engine cable harness (wiring loom) (do I need this?)
3- 32 AMG engine ECU (is this work with my vehicle wiring loom?)
4- 32 AMG transmission ECU (can this direct connected my vehicle wiring connector?)
5- stiffer front antiroll bar etc. (better front suspension parts)

what should I know before I jump this swap? what are the parts which I must get from C32 AMG

please help me to determine parts list, if it will be perfect working order when I will complete swap I 'll share every info I will got in this forum.

cheers

Cyp

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Engine, and ECU are a must, not sure about the wire harness, but most likely you will need that as well.
Front suspension includes not just the sway bar, but the springs as well, and you need the rear springs and sway bar all from an SLK 32 for weight and suspension values.
The transmission controller in the '32 has a different program from "standard" SLK's, not sure if that is part of the ECU or not.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
you may also want to consider the 32 amg brake upgrade to slow the beast down! 13.5" rotors in the front with 4 piston calipers and 11" in the rear with 2 piston calipers.
dont forget upgraded intercooler pump and heat exchanger plus all related hoses.

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Sports Package Black/Red Interrior 5-Speed
662 Posts
I've already assembled my team of friends and buddys who are helping me.
I have a ECU guy that use to program car computers and a bunch of hardcore mechanics and MB guys. My swap will not be the 3.2 liter. Its going to be a v8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts