Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I wonder if any of you out there have got one of these beasts(318Cdi LWB with Auto Box)

If so have you had it weighed at a public weigh bridge recently?

I have and was told it was 2900Kgs empty, which means I can only carry 600Kgs of goods.

The Merc web site says its a 2313Kg Kerb weight and a payload of 1187Kgs, with a GVW of 3500Kgs

But as mine is 2900Kgs empty, I have no chance of getting 1200 Kgs on mine,

As any one else had this problem?

Radiotwo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Radiotwo, after reading the above Iam glad I decided to keep my 02 316cdi with spirintshift, I was going to part ex it last year with a 318 auto but as I carry the best part of 1.5 tonne all the time, iam glad I didnt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DBTRANSPORT

I went into the dealers on Friday and they did not beleive me but I think there is going to be a big headache for Merc.

the problem is they wont sell many vans that will only carry 600Kgs

Ps I sent you a pm some time ago, but you did not respond

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
318 weight problem

Hi All

I wonder if any of you out there have got one of these beasts(318Cdi LWB with Auto Box)

If so have you had it weighed at a public weigh bridge recently?

I have and was told it was 2900Kgs empty, which means I can only carry 600Kgs of goods.

The Merc web site says its a 2313Kg Kerb weight and a payload of 1187Kgs, with a GVW of 3500Kgs

But as mine is 2900Kgs empty, I have no chance of getting 1200 Kgs on mine,

As any one else had this problem?

Radiotwo
hi yes ive got a fully loaded 318 auto with rear uprated springs and yes your right mine is 2980 unladen so im afraid you got to live with it sorry !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi yes ive got a fully loaded 318 auto with rear uprated springs and yes your right mine is 2980 unladen so im afraid you got to live with it sorry !!
Hi roucoo

I did not have to put up with it as you say as they sold the van illegally and they paid me a full refund.

Radiotwo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts