Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 300te...unladened, the left side is 3/4" lower than the right side. I just helped my son move from one state to another...loaded up the car. I was surprised to find that the car lowered about 1" (again, not even side to side). So, questions:
1. How do I correct the "imbalance" side to side?
2. Is the car supposed to show any lowering when loaded?
Thanks.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Usually when a older car sits uneven or funny its an indicator the springs are shot. after all, they are whats been holding the body onto the chasis all these years.

·
Registered
300TE
3 Posts
300TE Rear suspension

Interesting. My '92 300TE is 3/4 inch down on the right side. My MB tech thinks its air or some strangeness with a shock. He just replaced tired accumulators and after fiddling and a second visit to bleed the system again the problem is still there. Actually, our attention was on the left "shock", thinking that it was over extended but now all bets are off. On another thread, people attributed leaning to springs which is reasonable based on conventional wisdom. I'd hate to replace springs and still have the problem and nothing to look forward to but a $1K shock replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts