Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I just wanted to let everyone know that has searched with no luck for a decent SLS replacement for my beloved 300TD wagon.

Thanks and the site is great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey guys-

I just wanted to let everyone know that has searched with no luck for a decent SLS replacement for my beloved 300TD wagon.

Thanks and the site is great :thumbsup:
Have you considered this?

SLS Conversion

I am thinking about it with Bilstein HDs. Would like some more feedback if anyone has done the conversion.

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2004 E320 wagon, 2006 CLS55,
1,051 Posts
His user ID is the same as the email address for payment on that site. Maybe it's the same guy?
Yep- he's got a website that advertises his business and takes credit cards, plus now he's got two different monikers. Pulling the same $hit over at Shop Forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some reason my first post got cut off. Yes I am the seller of the springs. Its not a buhsiness. Just something I made and offer it to others because I searched long and hard with no luck for my 300td. I have had a lot of happy buyers. The post above says I peddle crap but never a complaint from users on al the forums. My site is Home Page . Any questions ask here or pm me or email. Thanks and merry Christmas .....erik

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
For some reason my first post got cut off. Yes I am the seller of the springs. Its not a buhsiness. Just something I made and offer it to others because I searched long and hard with no luck for my 300td. I have had a lot of happy buyers. The post above says I peddle crap but never a complaint from users on al the forums. My site is Home Page . Any questions ask here or pm me or email. Thanks and merry Christmas .....erik
Who LNR then? How does a hobbiest with dozens of happy customers- er- people who bought stuff from you with a credit card off your website just for selling this.... If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. Care to post the comments you talk about so much with the happy customers?

"These have been reviewed on forums such as SuperTurboDiesel.com and Peachparts.com with many happy customers!"

They are nowhere to be seen. No one said you peddle crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LNR??

First of all this is not my business. I had a full time career (non automotive related). With a lack of a decent SLS replacement, I offer these as a solution to others. I don't sell a bunch. I do not have a website shopping cart that accepts credit cards. I do take paypal or checks as anyone selling anything would. I do not keep any inventory, these are all made to order. I sold these long before the website but it gets the word out there that there is another option versus sedan springs, hard to find euro springs or fixing the sls system. I have never had one single complaint from any customers by email or on the forums.
Here is one review off the top of my head: SuperTurboDiesel.com- Performance Mercedes turbo diesels - SLS Removal Thread
Great ride height, handling, load hauling...Customer did remove the spring isolator which caused a spring noise but he noted that.

I always ask my buyers to get back to me after the install with issues or comments. Some write back, others don't. But never a negative one. My number one reply is the springs work good and my car does not sag anymore.

I spent a good amount of time making a good replacement for the 300td and am happy with the results as others have been.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to chime in...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Who LNR then? How does a hobbiest with dozens of happy customers- er- people who bought stuff from you with a credit card off your website just for selling this.... If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. Care to post the comments you talk about so much with the happy customers?

"These have been reviewed on forums such as SuperTurboDiesel.com and Peachparts.com with many happy customers!"

They are nowhere to be seen. No one said you peddle crap.
Me??? I've been on the search for the best option to fix my wagon's rear suspension issues. The ride has gotten worse and am considering the link that I posted above. before I pull the trigger, I need a little more testimony from others. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
LNR??
I do not have a website shopping cart that accepts credit cards.
From your site:
"I accept Money order/checks and paypal and Credit Cards vis Chase QuickPAY- See payments page for details."

You have 4 posts and the introduce the thread without saying your site voila! Gomer Pyle says Gooolllyy!!!! LNR immediately provides a link to your site. I was born at night- but it wasn't last night.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok folks, so I bit the bullet and went with the SLSconversion.com springs to take care of my wagon's rear suspension. Erik was really easy to deal with, very straight forward.

So it is clear....before this thread started, contrary to earlier posts out there. I am not affiliated with SLSconversion.com but a member who has been looking for a solution to my 300TD suspension issues like a whole bunch of other members out there.

I have done my research on this forum and other sites as well to resolve the aging SLS deal on the car.

I agree with fixing the SLS system, however it does come to a point where fixing one part of the system means that another part of the "old" system will fail later on, unless you rebuild the complete SLS and that is NOT financially feasable for me.

What makes sense for me as an option is to go back to automotive basics and convert the rear suspension to a standard spring & shock configuration. The car was riding really bad. sagging rear end, bouncy and clunky inside as it bottoms out on every bump on t he road.

She now rides on the SLS Conversion springs and new Bilstein HD shocks all around. It drives like a totally different car. Had it up to 80 on the fwy...smoother and compared to before rides a little firm from the HD shocks...and I like it.

Ok here are some pics of the install and car.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics and kind words, LNR. I know there are the skeptics but many people have been happy with this simple and cost effective alternative.

If anyone has any question about my conversion in praticular, pm me or email me at [email protected], more car pics posted at my site at slsconversion.com

I just added a sls pump block off plate to my site, these are handmade in the USA by me, priced better than other sources and can be purchased with 300td springs and shock conversion kit.

Thanks,
Erik

1 - 15 of 15 Posts