Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a reasonable idea of current values for the W198 Gullwing and Roadster SLs for a book I'm writing. Anyone have any opinions, or know what any of these cars have sold for recently?

·
Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
690 Posts
Gullwing values

A club member here in Australia recently sold his 1955 (I think) 300SL coupe (gullwing) at auction. It was left-hand-drive, red with black interior, in very good (but not necessarily concours) condition. Bidding went to AUD $485,000 which including buyer's premium and other costs ran to over $530,000 from memory. The Aussie dollar was around 70 cents US at the time.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Similar in the US...

A club member here in Australia recently sold his 1955 (I think) 300SL coupe (gullwing) at auction. It was left-hand-drive, red with black interior, in very good (but not necessarily concours) condition. Bidding went to AUD $485,000 which including buyer's premium and other costs ran to over $530,000 from memory. The Aussie dollar was around 70 cents US at the time.
Though I don't reside in the US, from what I have heard, a properly done up Gullwing can go for around 1/2 million US.

There was an unbelievably mint red coloured one at the German Car Festival this year.

·
Registered
BMW 740iL
32 Posts
Friend of mine sold his about 4 years ago for $280K (USD). It was in VERY rough condition and in need of a professional restoration job. He didn't have the skills, time or money to do it right so he sold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts