Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 300SL
544 Posts
My '90, with 160k miles, it does run nicely but that was after head gasket at 144k. It ran ok, but there was a hint of oil in coolant. I knew that was a potential issue so I dove in. Replaced all the soft parts in the intake manifold. At this age all the rubber and plastic parts need replacement. The new EHA valve, when original was leaking, made a noticeable improvement. Mechanically though it is faily sorted. I just saw a pristine '90 300SL at savalge place last month, car was in beautiful shape but it had a milkshake in the coolant tank!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '90, with 160k miles, it does run nicely but that was after head gasket at 144k. It ran ok, but there was a hint of oil in coolant. I knew that was a potential issue so I dove in. Replaced all the soft parts in the intake manifold. At this age all the rubber and plastic parts need replacement. The new EHA valve, when original was leaking, made a noticeable improvement. Mechanically though it is faily sorted. I just saw a pristine '90 300SL at savalge place last month, car was in beautiful shape but it had a milkshake in the coolant tank!
Well, I have a 1994 SL 320 all original that runs and looks incredibly well...I'm scared to death reading all these horror stories. I love my 320 and hope it serves me well. Good Luck
my 94sl.JPG

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes 300SL R129. 94 S320 Mercedes w140
53 Posts
I have a 92 300. It runs great. Only real problem was a bad water pump. The attaching bolts were stuck in the head. I wound up cutting the pump housing in order to remove.
I’ve replaced the disi cap, rotor, disi dust liner, wires, plugs, all hoses, changed the fuel filters, rotors and pads, transmission flush and fill, as well as all the belts. All these are normal maintenance so I’m very happy.
it runs great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts