Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
1988 300CE
1,489 Posts
Yes, after releasing the gas pedal at 2500RPM it comes down to idle (about 600 RPM) and fluctuated between 60-54%. It sits there fluctuating for a few seconds and then begins to drop and hovers around 30-29%. After a couple of seconds more (about 5 or so), it begins to slowly drop below 30% to the point the car feels it is going to stall. When going up to 2000RPM, it runs rough, but after it passes 2000-2100, it smooths right out and runs without any hesitation whatsoever. Is this because it needs to be adjusted?
You must be kidding, asking ^this question … after my suggestions here in your thread !

If I wouldn‘t have repeatedly urged you to first check & take care of the FD control plunger, you‘d probably still be playing around with injectors. Yet this experience doesn‘t seem to convince you to trust my other suggestions too and my advice, not to play around with adjustment screws (neither with the EHA nor with the Lambda adjustment screw !).

You can lead a horse to water … ;)

H.D.

·
Registered
1990 300SEL, 2005 SL500
79 Posts
ce1siera said:
Yes, after releasing the gas pedal at 2500RPM it comes down to idle (about 600 RPM) and fluctuated between 60-54%. It sits there fluctuating for a few seconds and then begins to drop and hovers around 30-29%. After a couple of seconds more (about 5 or so), it begins to slowly drop below 30% to the point the car feels it is going to stall. When going up to 2000RPM, it runs rough, but after it passes 2000-2100, it smooths right out and runs without any hesitation whatsoever. Is this because it needs to be adjusted?
You must be kidding, asking ^this question … after my suggestions here in your thread !
H.D.
Your efforts were well appreciated. Thank you. I’m now an experience richer.
Next time I’m in Germany I buy you a coffee or a brew of your choice.😀

·
Outstanding Contributor
1988 300CE
1,489 Posts
H.D.
Your efforts were well appreciated. Thank you. I’m now an experience richer.
Next time I’m in Germany I buy you a coffee or a brew of your choice.😀
That‘s a nice gesture, MarkCan. :) … And you‘d probably be surprised by the wide choice of really tasty brew they serve here in the tri-state area of Belgium-Netherland-Germany. :)

However ... without your saying “Your efforts were well appreciated“ just now, I‘d probably never have known that. The only thing I saw you post after I pulled you (and the OP) back from the wrong track you were on, was what you said to the OP after he finally followed my advice which enabled him to get the engine to run, namely:
Congrats, you deserve to see it run.👏
I‘m not a native English speaker, but I have always had a penchant for foreign languages & dialects :) … and I wonder how you define the verb “deserve“ !? ... I looked it up in the “Cambridge Dictionary“ and according to the definition I found there, “to deserve“ means: “to have earned or to be given something because of the way you have behaved or the qualities you have“. … If that is the correct definition of that verb, then you used it in a way like someone who‘d say: “The patient deserves to see his health improve, because he finally decided to listen to the doctor ‘s advice“. ... Sounds a little odd, doesn‘t it. … ;);)

H.D.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts