Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 SEL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 300sel overall its mind except my sunroof is busted. It actually broke out on the road in a rainstorm so I had to force it closed.

Some peices broke now its taped shut. which ofcourse looks horrible. Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts or possibly a replacement sunroof.

Also do I need to drop the whole headliner to repair it?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
Yeah, you have to drop the entire headliner to access the sunroof mechanism.

A lot of places sell the replacement parts, I think Mercedes Parts and Accessories – Wheels, Floor Mats, Car Covers and Exhausts – from Performance Products sells them as do some other folks. I think Jonathon on this board can get them to you, too.

Either in the DIY section or somewhere on this board, is a 'how-to" fix it thread, but its pretty involved. Doesn't look hard, necessarily, just time consuming and you need to be careful.

Good luck with it, and if you do decide to fix it, post up a thread on how you did it.

·
Registered
300 SEL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool . thanks for the info. looks like im going to find a repair shop to do it. or maybe I can find the whole unit at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
The problem isn't the price of the parts. The parts are inexpensive, even for a Mercedes. Its getting to the part that you need to fix thats a big job. It will be expensive for somebody to do it for you, unless you have the buddy hook-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts