Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1988 300 SE
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Benz and W126 owners, I have successfully replaced my water pump on my 103 engine. I must say it was a bear.. I have plenty of photos; I will post them with detail instructions for you other DIY guys.

I do have one question. I replaced my belt tensioner, I stripped the bolt on the tensioner for the shock. Is this shock needed or can I get away with it until I go back in to put a bolt and stud on it. What is the reason for it? All runs fine just curious Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic, 2018 Ford Expedition Max, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace S, 2016 BMW 750i
505 Posts
LordNikonXTC said:
Hello fellow Benz and W126 owners, I have successfully replaced my water pump on my 103 engine. I must say it was a bear.. I have plenty of photos; I will post them with detail instructions for you other DIY guys.
I would be grateful if you would post pictures and a step by step for the process. My car has 112,000 on the original pump. When I changed the serpentine belt recently, I noticed the pump pulley has slight radial play and I've been concerned since. To rest my nerves on the interstate these 90+ degree days it needs to be replaced.
John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes please post the pictures !!!

I wanted to remove the serpentine belt yesterday but could not figure out what to do :confused:

I see kinda tensioner down between the water pump and steering pump but tehre is poor access and poor visibility :crybaby2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts