1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
300SE oil cooler HELP Appreciated

can someone give me some info please.
the original motor got cooked so i decided to get a replacement one.

i believe the early 300se motor had a oil cooler built in the motor? and the newer one has it coming from somewhere else? the radiator?

now we got a replacement motor and it didnt have the cooler in the motor, so would it be okay to loop the lines? or add some sort of cooler?

its sort of getting to me about how the car will not be in its closest original condition :confused::mad:, just my confidence is wearing thin with my mechanic, so want to be on top of my knowledge when i go in and ask him about what he is going to do

regards

alex

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
My advice would be to only use the early M104 - I'm pretty sure when they changed the ignition system also changed, i.e from cap and rotor to coils. There should be lots of them around as they were fitted to a number different models.

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i had a S320 motor but that would have been more work to put it in right.

so got the mechanic to get one from silver star farm and i swear that lady didnt know what she was on about when i said a 300SE motor for a W140 but thats another story.
so got the motor the mechanic ordered from silver star farm and it doesnt have the cooler on it so he currently has it looped atm. but the motor looked exactly like the original motor but minus the cooler? i dont know why?

could i hook up a after market cooler?

im thinking of laying a complaint to the MTA or something like that.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
JMO but if it were my car I would want a oil cooler! A small after mkt cooler should be a easy fit and setup! From my racing days no oil cooler would have meant a early death for the motor. The hotter the oil the lower your oil pressure. Put on the cooler!!

Smokie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts