Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm the one with 1989 420SEL limousine with a 300SD engine. Thanks to the forum you helped me identify that the car I purchased had a veggie oil system and not and secondary fuel tank. Before I pulled the veggie tank, I actually managed to get the car running for about 3 minutes... after that I pulled the veggie tank, cleaned the fuel lines, replaced the fuel filter and changed the oil. Since the car has a veggie system, it didn't have the small fuel filter near the back of the engine compartment... only a complicated 3 way valve with a series of confusing fuel lines and a huge filter for the veggie system. Anyways, after all that work the car won't start.

Does anyone have a fuel system diagram that shows the fuel lines from the gas tank all the way to the injection pump? I've been looking online and all I mostly find are vacuum line diagrams. I'm starting from scratch and want to remove the entire veggie system, but I don't want to accidentally pull out any of the factory fuel components. If I'm correct, there should only be a fuel pump and injection pump between the fuel tank and the engine? I need to figure out why I'm not getting any fuel to the engine.

I welcome your input and appreciate your help. Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts