Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300sd
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My injector just started leaking from the top. Do these have o-rings. I pulled the cap but saw no o-ring just the tapered fitting. Did the taper just move?

Thanks in advance from all you knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
No "O" ring, are you sure it's leaking from there? It would be odd for that to start leaking, as you have two metal surfaces in contact. I have really torqued down on mine to stop leaks, after I pulled the injectors.
Check your braided cloth lines, those are the usual suspects in fuel leakage in that area.
I live in Hopewell, just down the street.

·
Registered
1984 300sd
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No "O" ring, are you sure it's leaking from there? It would be odd for that to start leaking, as you have two metal surfaces in contact. I have really torqued down on mine to stop leaks, after I pulled the injectors.
Check your braided cloth lines, those are the usual suspects in fuel leakage in that area.
I live in Hopewell, just down the street.
thank you!
I did crank down on it after i saw the surfaces and no place for an o-ring. Seems to have stopped it but ill keep an eye on my braided cloth lines.
slowly but surely im taking care of the things the po neglected. Mostly minor stuff and thankfully they seem to have kept up with the other maintenance.

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
thank you!
I did crank down on it after i saw the surfaces and no place for an o-ring. Seems to have stopped it but ill keep an eye on my braided cloth lines.
slowly but surely im taking care of the things the po neglected. Mostly minor stuff and thankfully they seem to have kept up with the other maintenance.
Cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts