Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 82 300SD. Went to change the motor mount on the driver's side but can't figure out how to get to the 10mm hex bolt closest to the engine. The bolt is covered by the arm that attaches to the engine. <p>Can I get to it by removing the engine shock and coming in at an angle?<p>Or do I have to remove the arm from the engine? <p>JV

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you remove the engine shock, be sure to have a jack up underneath the engine so it stays in place.<br>I think you should have ample space by then. Removing the arm is pretty tricky if you want to go that route.<br>The best way is to buy a service manual by Hayes. I have one for my 350 and it really helps.<p>Best of luck.<p>: Have a 82 300SD. Went to change the motor mount <br>on the driver's side but can't figure out how to <br>get to the 10mm hex bolt closest to the engine. <br>The bolt is covered by the arm that attaches <br>to the engine. <p>Can I get to it by removing <br>the engine shock and coming in at an angle?<p><br>Or do I have to remove the arm from the engine? <p>JV<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Have a 82 300SD. Went to change the motor mount on the driver's side but can't figure out how to get to the 10mm hex bolt closest to the engine. The bolt is covered by the arm that attaches to the engine. <p>Can I get to it by removing the engine shock and coming in at an angle?<p>Or do I have to remove the arm from the engine? <p>JV<p>You do not have to remove the arm from the engine.<p>Remove one end of the engine shock, take all the bolts that go through the rubber mount and slide it out.<p>Install the new rubber mount and reattach everything

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: If you remove the engine shock, be sure to have a jack up underneath the engine so it stays in place.<p>Where should you place the jack? I've heard that using the oilpan is wrong. I need to replace my 82 300 SD motor mounts.<p>Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts