Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this in an email today and promised the sender (Alain) that I'd post it here. I suggested that he come to the Forum to read the responses.

Hello,
I found your adress on Internet. I own a Mercedes 300 GD built in 1985, and I spend several months every year in Africa. Unfortunatly, the genuine springs are not strong enough, and often brake. In France, it is not possible to find stronger springs. Do you know where I can find that ?
Best regards

·
Registered
300GE Cab, 6.9
556 Posts
Hello Alain,

You can look for heavy duty springs for your G-Wagen at

www.orc.de or
www.extrem-motorsport.de

Good luck,

— Spalding

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
Alain,

Is it not possible to get springs through MB parts sources or dealers? If not in France, in Germany? I purchaced my spring through Europa, here in the States who buys their parts from the MB system in Germany. There must be some 460 series spring choices available there and if not the 461/463 springs will work. I used a 463 rear spring choice in my truck that will never ever break. If you use the search function and ask for springs and lift you will find lively discussions and charts for the stock and aftermarket spring choices. We have exactly the same year and model machine, mine is the short wheelbase wagen. Bon Route,

-Dai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts