Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY EVERYONE!
I HAVE A 1990 300E THAT WONT START, IT CRANKS OVER BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO FULLY START, I TRIED REPLACING THE FUEL PUMP RELAY FUSE BUT NO LUCK,:crybaby2: I'M NOW TRYING TO REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER BUT I CAN'T FIND IT:( , WOULD IT HELP IF I REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AS WELL? :confused: I DON'T REALLY KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS CARS, NE IDEAS? I NEED HELP A.S.A.P! OH! I ALMOST FORGOT, DO I HAVE TO PRIME THE ENGINE AFTER I REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER? IF SO...CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IT'S DONE?:confused:

·
Registered
1990 300E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Deamn W124 Wont Start! I Need Help!

I Just Finished Replacing The Fuel Filter But Still Wont Start, I Guess I Should Replace The Fuel Pump As Well.....does Anyone Know About The Problem?
I Really Need Help!

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,501 Posts
You need to take your car to a shop where they can determine what is wrong with it. A fuel filter is rarely clogged or dirty enough to prevent starting. You will spend a whole lot of money quickly if you just guess at what the source of the problem is and buy new parts. A lot of 124s have twin pumps and a pair of them (they're the same) will cost hundreds of dollars.

The fuel pump relay doesn't have a fuse. The OVP (overvoltage protection) relay does. There's no need to prime anything after replacing a fuel pump, filter, accumulator, or whatever. The pumps are gravity fed.

Find a shop to diagnose your car and you'll be miles ahead. Really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts