Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 300E 1988
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my name is jason im from Australia, and my dad bought me a 300E for my first car. It drives really well, but the sunroof dosen't go back, only tilts up and down. And there is a crack in the dash.

The car drives really well and im really impressed by it. Heres a few pictures. Can you guys give me a few tips on the car? I dont know anyything at all about it! :(

By the way, is the front always that low? It looks pretty lowered to me im not sure... Thanks

·
Registered
E500Es
29,576 Posts
Welcome to the board.

It is kind of hard to tell about the way the front end is setting with the car parked on the curb. Was the party that good? Shoot a couple of pics with the car on flat pavement and also what is the mileage.

Did you get any repair paperwork with the car from the previous owner?

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,501 Posts
I spotted the problem right off; somehow your steering wheel got installed on the wrong side of the car!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
It is hard to tell about the ride height from the pictures. In any case Mercedes does have a method of altering the ride height by placing pads under the coil spring seat. You dealer should have the pads. You can put them in and take them out to your heart's content - within specs of course.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 300E 1988
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah well it does sit very low at the front. I havent got pics but its somewhat lower at the front. and im getting a squeal when i turn the wheel near lock..

its done 220000km, its the 3.0L 300E, 1988 model. Australian spec with leather and power everything i think.

Does this help?

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts