Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300 E
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Mercedes Benz 300E Emblem for my car cuz the one I had on there broke off when my little brother sat on it. I was wondering if I can install it byself without professional help and if that is possible, what tools do I need to install it. Does anyone have a diagram or can anyone guide me on installing this emblem please. Thanks.[:D]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
leave it off

The rear looks better debadged.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
If it is the rear badge what do you do with the holes??[?][?][?][?]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
You should use 3M brand adhesive remover as it will not adversely affect your clear coat. I had to wet sand mine w/ 2000 grit to even out the number outline which i was probably the only one who would have ever noticed. I was sanding the clear on the rest of the car at the same time anyways so it played into my plans well and looks very streamlined and super!! People ask me what model my car is all the time as the badge deleating lends itself to a more annomious look.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Are you talkin about the star or the model numbers???? Cuz there are holes for the star!![:p][:p][:p][:p]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
smokiesman - 5/13/2005 10:54 PM

Are you talkin about the star or the model numbers???? Cuz there are holes for the star!![:p][:p][:p][:p]

Smokie
We're talkin bout the nasty 300e emblem that way dates our cars imo.[xx(]

·
Registered
1987 300 E
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strider - 5/12/2005 11:54 PM

I just bought a new Mercedes Benz 300E Emblem for my car cuz the one I had on there broke off when my little brother sat on it. I was wondering if I can install it byself without professional help and if that is possible, what tools do I need to install it. Does anyone have a diagram or can anyone guide me on installing this emblem please. Thanks.[:D]
Sorry guys but what I meant to ask you guys was about the Mercedes Benz E Class Hood Star Emblem 124 Chassis.
Here's a link to a picture of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7972577308&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
OK...No problem, we'll let it go this time. Just promise us that you'll remove the rear 300e badge anyways[:D]. The front hood star is easy to remove as all i did was twist mine from the underside w a cresent or channel lock wrench. putting one on should be no different.

·
Registered
1987 300 E
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys for all your help[:D]. I will consider removing the back emblem if they have better looking ones.[:)]. I might post pictures soon[:D].

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Strider - 5/14/2005 11:35 PM

thanks guys for all your help[:D]. I will consider removing the back emblem if they have better looking ones.[:)]. I might post pictures soon[:D].
Noooooooo,,,,Theres no such thing as better looking ones...They all suck! [xx(] . Dental floss and 3M adhesive remove the hell out of the thing then post some pics!![:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts