Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i been working on my 1988 300e 135k on the clock.changed lots of things to get it running at her best.But im having few more problems with fuel mixture. I read that u can do it with multimeter using pin 2 for ground and pin 3 for + so i finally decided to go for it first i tested my 190E and see what she says.At idle it reads between 4.70V to 4.90V and at 2000rpm it reads around 8.XXV.Which it runs smooth and strong so i did the same thing to my 300E it was reading between 5.00V to about 5.35V which was lil bit too rich i think so i leaned it out to about 4.25V to 4.60V.It idles revs and runs good but when i rev it to 2000rpm like i did on 190E it was still reading the same at idle between 4V and 5Vunlike 190E it goes up witch means its giving it more fuel do to the higher rpms.Is this normal or is it something wrong.And the bigger problem is if i leave my car to cool down for about 15min and turn it back on it idles ruff and its showing that is running rich at 6.50V to about 7.50V and a minute later it goes back to what i adjusted it.What could it be wrong it seems like the computer is receiving wrong info that the engine is cold and its dumping more fuel? I did change all the temperature sensors on the block and still nothing and still no power to the cold valve which i still can't figure out how to fix plz if any one could help me it will be greatly appreciated

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,682 Posts
Use the search function of the site for "Air/fuel ratio adjustment" There will be allot to read.

Jayare

1 - 2 of 2 Posts