Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I REPLACED GLOW PLUGS AND STILL WON'T START. CAR PUTTERS AS IF WAS GOING TO START BUT NOTHING.. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS ITS NOT GETTING FUEL. HOW CAN I CHECK THIS? OR COULD IT BE SOMETHING ELSE? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.<br> <br> BRUCE

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has is been sitting up? Water in fuel perhaps. Change fuel filters and check for impurities, rust in the tank can choke them too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked to make sure the glow plug relay is working properly? Are you getting 10-11V at the glow plugs? If so it's most likely a fuel related issue, plugged filter(s), air trapped in the system, shutoff valve stuck closed, or something else weird...<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it could be the relay, in my last 300d we had a manual glow button, no timer.<br> <br> there is another way of starting it, here is a post i replied to a few months ago.<br> <br> my glow plugs went2 weeks ago ....<br> what a mess<br> there was too much power going to them resulting in failure and the fuse going (by that i mean melting the protective casing)<br> <br> to get the car started without glow plugs <br> (2 people required)<br> <br> 1 soak a rag in unleaded fuel <br> <br> 2 disconnect the air intake hose and hold rag at the end<br> <br> 3 while someone trys to start the car 'slowly' squeez the rag so only one or two drops enter the hose NOTE The car will start using the fuems of the fuel and when the engin fires pull the rag away so that it doesnt get sucked into the compresser IF IT DOES U R F**KED<br> <br> 4 rev the car for a while to warm it up and drive <br> <br> i dont reccomend u doing this reguarley as it isnt healthy for the car<br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
85 300cd, 2000 ford excursion diesel, 1999 528 itwagon 95 roadking
371 Posts
get a windx bottle and fill w/ diesel fuel donot use gas or starting fluid. crank the engine and spray a fog of diesel inth the intake. sounds different? do this take a jerry jug full w/ diesel and a line 3/8 hose about 4 ft disconnect the fuel line at the spinon filter and connect the line in the jug.. important make sure the end of the fuel hose in the jug is always below the serface of the diesel or it will suck air and never start, does it start? remove the spin on filter any fuel? if not fill it w/ diesel and prime the system or crank while spraying diesel into the intake does it start?while cranking the engine crack open #1 cyclinder injector line any fuel? good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.