Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know where we can get quality die-cast models of our benzies? Even plastic ones for assembly? I'd love one.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i have been searching like crazy. As far as i know. NO plastic kits. High-quality (minichamps) 1/43 models of coupe, sedan, and wagon are available. There is a 1/18 model of the sedan in a couple colours, euro spec car, badged as a 230e i think. I am would buy a stack of tamiya kits if they ever made them and i am kind of surprised they havent. Although the w123 is certainly not an exciting car, there are enough of them around the world i would think a kit would sell.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
yeah, and a rather small selection on eBay at that. i've been very surprised there aren't more options for plastic model kits.

here are links to the Revell brand at 1:18 scale i believe you referred to, W123 and W116 as well:

3D Animation

3D Animation
I'd love to find the w123 version, it looks very similar to my car!

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
yeah, and a rather small selection on eBay at that. i've been very surprised there aren't more options for plastic model kits.

here are links to the Revell brand at 1:18 scale i believe you referred to, W123 and W116 as well:

3D Animation

3D Animation
That's the easier way to get Bundts into the w123 1:18 Revell model. The w123 Revell models both have hubcaps/wheel covers. I have both, the 240D and 230E in 1:18 scale.

And of course, these plastic models :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 11 of 11 Posts