Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm browsing the forums searching for a download (pdf preferably) for a quality Owner's Manual or Maintenance Manual for 300D repair. I've found the Haynes manual but only chapters 1 - 9 (missing 10, 11, and 12).

It seems all the links that are posted in these forums are months old and have been removed or expired...

Surely someone out there has an electronic copy of the Haynes or something similar!

If anyone would like the Haynes manual (chapters 1 - 9) let me know. :D

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
The FSM is available for $20 from MBUSA.com, I'll suggest buying it.

·
Registered
280 SE 1976,S 600 1985,190E 1992,300 SDL 1986....And yea there are more to come.Stay tuned!
206 Posts
Stealing????

Now now....We would never do that!
Esspecialy not my good friend Rmac58.

Don't forget now...Keep your puck on the ice !!

·
Registered
1984 €uro 300D NA
758 Posts
If something is posted for free on the internet how can asking for a link be stealing? Cheap and frugal yes but not stealing.

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz 300D
56 Posts
Just because a link is posted and you can get it for free, does not mean that it's free.

Thats why people always get warnings from the MPAA for downloading movies, and the RIAA for music. It's all about copyright infringement.

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Something I'd like to pass along, I have the factory made FSM's for both of my cars. I tried to open the SD disc, crashed the computer, now this is normal, but when I reboot, it works, until yesterday, crashed again.

·
Registered
1984 €uro 300D NA
758 Posts
Just because a link is posted and you can get it for free, does not mean that it's free.

Thats why people always get warnings from the MPAA for downloading movies, and the RIAA for music. It's all about copyright infringement.
I think you mixing apples with oranges. The repair link we're talking about is from the Ohio public library online resource center not some genX kid stealing music.

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz 300D
56 Posts
I think you mixing apples with oranges. The repair link we're talking about is from the Ohio public library online resource center not some genX kid stealing music.

Nay, I am not. A couple of posters up doesn't say anything about the public library. It just says "Something posted for free on the internet".

Hence, my response. Anything can be posted for free. But it doesn't mean its legal to download. In the case of the public library, not a big deal. But other stuff can be. My response was a more general response, since the poster never mentioned specifically any details.

·
Registered
300k miles..
250 Posts
I was pretty much just parroting what it said at the link.. "free online manual".

Stumbled on it awhile ago & wasn't sure if folks knew about it here, so thought I'd mention it.

Can't say I know of the details of the site.. but the link has been public for awhile.

I referred to the link to give credit to the poster (on the other site) for passing along the info. Haven't come across any negativity about it.

Lotsa folks are also totally anti RIAA & against lotsa stuff in regards to status quo.

Some folks think Microsoft is wonderful & others see it as the devil incarnate. Certainly involves a ton of $$ to use their stuff.

Then there is linux, which offers a wonderful mostly free option & in many ways, far superior to what MS offers.

·
Registered
300TD 1982
4 Posts
w123 manual

please, let me know if you can send me chapters 1-9 at least! many thanks, i would appreciate that.

Hi, I'm browsing the forums searching for a download (pdf preferably) for a quality Owner's Manual or Maintenance Manual for 300D repair. I've found the Haynes manual but only chapters 1 - 9 (missing 10, 11, and 12).

It seems all the links that are posted in these forums are months old and have been removed or expired...

Surely someone out there has an electronic copy of the Haynes or something similar!

If anyone would like the Haynes manual (chapters 1 - 9) let me know. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts