Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300 D turbo
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes a "nose bra" (front end cover) for the 300D? I am going to take some road trips this summer, and do not want to get a bunch of rock knicks or bug guts all over my front end. Thanks,
Lancer

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
I haven't seen any yet, but perhaps Performance Products has some. I saw one for a W124 but nothing yet for the W123. Maybe the best bet is to cover your front with some celophane if you can, the ones that you cover left over food with. Just add enough so it will be thick enough to protect the paint.

Detailers also sometimes use a clear plastic board to cover the front, but installing it might need some creativity. It shouldn't hinder the headlight illumination and yet still allow air to get into the engine.

By the way I remember that there are some headlight covers you can buy and then cut to shape. Maybe these could also help protect your headlight bezels/sealed beams. Best of luck! [:p]

·
Registered
1983 300 D turbo
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDC; The front end of the car is commonly called the "nose". This includes the hood, fenders, bumper, grill, and lights. The nose bra covers the front of those objects to protect them from road debris.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
lancer - 3/21/2005 11:23 PM

JDC; The front end of the car is commonly called the "nose". This includes the hood, fenders, bumper, grill, and lights.
You’re kidding, right?

You can’t put a bra on a 123 w/o restricting both the upper grill and lower under the bumper air intakes – the engine will overheat. In addition the bra will cover all six lights. You might be able to pull some kind of nylon mesh over the front but again I’d be concerned about overheating and light visibility. Sorry.

·
Registered
'85 West Coast 123
17 Posts
You want a bra? I will sell you a brand new never installed Wolf manufactured bra. It has a full mesh front over the grill and headlights the rest is all vinyl. On the top are two wind deflectors to keep the top from flapping. It attaches around the wheel well arches and under the front air dam. It is form fitted around the bumper and has a licence plate cut out. The whole back side is felt lined. I dont think they make them anymore. I would sell it for what I paid seven years ago $115.00 shipped in the CONUS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts