Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel W210
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to benzworld, I have a 1985 300D. I call her lucky cause I saved her from a dealer that let her sit far too long. $2000 later and shes good as new, except the monovalve :(

Now on to the indicator light issue. I had to put in another instrument cluster due to a bad rheostat. I replaced all the cluster bulbs, big and little. The rheostat/big lights work like a champ as well as the glow plug, seatbelt and battery indicators. The indicators that do not work are as follows, the emergency brake indicator, the brake pad wear indicator, the turn signal (green blinkers) indicators and the high beam indicator.

Did I mess up the little bulb holders by replacing them with new ones, are they no longer making contact? Any help would be appreciated! -Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So basically what I'm asking is do the little indicator light bulbs on the cluster have to be replaced in their entirety (bulb and holder as one piece)? Or did I do it correctly by forcing the bulbs out of the holders and installing new bulbs in the old holders?

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
The plastic base is held in the cluster by those two tabs, they screw 90 degrees into the back, the glass bulb itself pulls straight out of the base, so you need to remove the entire assembly, then swap bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you rmac for your pictures and quick reply. The big bulbs work for me however the smaller sockets are the one in question. Do you have to replace the bulb and socket as a whole?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts