Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My interior is in perfect shape except for the driver's seat and it's driving me crazy. Any suggestions on where I can find a navy blue seat for a 1982 300D or maybe a seat cover (without breaking the bank)? Thanks.

·
Registered
82' Euro 240D 84' 300D 01' SLK320 6 Speed Sport!
315 Posts
ebay..I see alot of blues, also ask sellers if they have any stashed away..I am still looking for Reveal Molding, and a drivers seat cover as well, keep in mind your model year, there are some variations that will not match the rest of your seats...

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo Diesel
69 Posts
I got one of these:

Advance Auto Parts: Sheepskin Tan Seat Cover by Auto Expressions - Part 5039162

You have to give it a good vacuuming at first but I have had it for several months now with no complaints.

Two modifications I made for it though:

1. Cut a hole for the armrest, took off the armrest, installed cover, then re-installed armrest through hole. If you don't do that the material gets bunched up at the top of the armrest. Mine installed looks just like in the picture.

2. In order to get the correct headrest height for the cover, you have to raise it up, but the headrest doesn't lock in the up position, so I had to take an old pool noodle and cut a couple of chunks about 5" long, then slide them on the posts of the headrest to keep it supported in the higher position.

Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts