Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1984 300D Climate Control continues to give me issues despite re-soldering joints on switch panel, etc. I have recently purchased a used switch panel as well as the related switch boxes that are part of the system. The parts are from a 1985. Does anyone know if the dashboard switch panel is compatible from an 84 to an 85 without replacing additional parts? The reason I ask this is the panels are the same with the exception of the (E) Economy switch is in the middle of the panel instead of the right side next to the off button. (The connections appear to be the same from unit to unit)

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
'89 300TE, '79 450SL, '01 ML320
1,051 Posts
They are the same, someone put the buttons back on wrong.

Fish

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,063 Posts
From my research, all W123 cars with the automatic climate control push button panel are the same, and do NOT interchange with non-W123 cars. I agree, someone put the buttons on wrong.

·
Registered
1984 300D
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my research, all W123 cars with the automatic climate control push button panel are the same, and do NOT interchange with non-W123 cars. I agree, someone put the buttons on wrong.
Thanks everyone who posted on this. You are right and the part numbers match. Must be the buttons on incorrectly like you said. The good news is the unit seems to work well and my blower now works properly in all modes. I still have a pesky problem with no or intermittent leg heater flap operation will start looking for vacuum issues after I correctly install buttons.

Best, Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts