Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'83 300SD Turbo
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it states, I press ECON and no air whether on Low,High or Auto blower. Hit Normal A/c and the same. Hit Bi-level or Defrost and it works fine on any blower setting. I took the push button out and apart to clean the inside with tuner cleaner. Worked for a bit then back to the same. Intermittently, if I run on Bi-level for a while then switch to ECON, it works for a short time. I'm thinking bad push button assembly. Should I suspect the blower regulator as a possibility as well ?? TIA....

·
Registered
2003 E500
72 Posts
Maybe its your ignition going out. Try this: turn the key to the 2nd position but don't start the car, try running the air if it blows then its your ignition going bad. If this is the case.. wile engine is running turn on the air and quickly turn off ( to 2nd position) and on your ignition ,( if done quickly the car wont shut off this is disel/vacuum!!) the blower will work.....

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
My ACC seems to be doing the same thing. Every 20 days or so it decides not to work, jus...

My ACC seems to be doing the same thing. Every 20 days or so it decides not to work, just defrost, etc., like yours. For one or two days it just does not want to run! I leave it on E/C Auto all the time and when it’s hot turn on the A/C. On the days it does not run right away I just leave it in E/C and Auto and after about 15 minutes it come on. I have no idea why it does this. Gremlins? 22 year old car? Who knows? Someone suggested the inlet tube/hose that circulates air from the cabin to the ACC is clogged or has a leak. This msy "confuse" the temp sensor. When I hit defrost and let it run for a few minutes and switch to the vent that will sometimes “jump start� the blower and it works like normal. Then it will run great for the next 20 days or so.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Maybe its your ignition going out. Try this: turn the key to the 2nd position but don't start the car, try running the air if it blows then its your ignition going bad. If this is the case.. wile engine is running turn on the air and quickly turn off ( to 2nd position) and on your ignition ,( if done quickly the car wont shut off this is disel/vacuum!!) the blower will work.....
That is exactly what my 83 300D Euro is doing. 263K miles plus. What part of the ignition is it. Can I disasemble and clean or pull form my parts car, a 77 300D?
John Gregg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.