Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a small accident today. I was stopped, and a truck 3 cars back hit the back of a car, which then hit the car behind me, which then rammed my 300D into the car in front of me (thankfully the accident stopped there). It was a pretty solid straight hit from behind(initially I thought there was damage in the front and back), and then from the front when I hit the car in front of me.

There was no visible damage to my car (of course!), but I was just wondering, is there anything I should check? Do the bumper shock absorbers typically need replacing after an accident, etc.? Anything else I should check?

I did notice something on the rear bumper. You know how the whole bumper is black rubber, with chrome on top, which then has the strip of black rubber on top that partially covers the chrome? Well right there, where the black rubber covers the chrome, there is a thin line (~1 cm.) of dirt or something the whole length of the bumper, which means that now the rear bumper is pushed out more than it was before (e.g.- the dirt that was never visible trapped under the black rubber strip is now visible on the chrome). Is this a cause for concern? Otherwise the bumper looks alright.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
These cars are strong...

Sorry to hear about the accident. My understanding is that these cars are very durable, you’re more than likely OK. If you notice any steering or driving problems, have the car checked out; or you can take it to a few body shops and let them look at her to make sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
These cars are strong...

Sorry to hear about the accident. My understanding is that these cars are very durable, you’re more than likely OK. If you notice any steering or driving problems, have the car checked out; or you can take it to a few body shops and let them look at her to make sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
These cars are strong...

·
Registered
85 300cd, 2000 ford excursion diesel, 1999 528 itwagon 95 roadking
371 Posts
hope your ok, just check the posts that the bumper is attached to they are designed to collaps in a accident, open the trunk and rear doors operate ok?look an the alignment of the bumper is it streight? good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.