Hello ,
There are 4 pieces that i can't find anywhere ;
Any recommend where i can get them?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,161 Posts
Suggest you try contacting the Mercedes Classic Center in either Germany or California.

·
Registered
W124
4,902 Posts
I'll be interested in hearing what the Classics Center has to say. My sense is they only find parts for SLs and Gullwings and everything else either has to be an easy find or they bail.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,161 Posts
True, the MB Classic Centre is very SL and Gullwing centric, perhaps even a tad too much. BUT they are the sole place for NLA parts regardless of model.

If the MB Classic Centre did not exist, it would be impossible to keep a single W100 Grosser in running condition.

·
Premium Member
1993 300CE Cabriolet (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (son's)
7,035 Posts
Hello ,
There are 4 pieces that i can't find anywhere ;
Any recommend where i can get them?
Thank you in advance.
which seals are these? window? door? valve stems ?

·
Registered
1995 W124 E320 Cabrio
187 Posts
You aren't giving the classic center enough credit... being patient and sympathetic to the folks in Irvine can be very helpful. One of the parts associates in Irvine invited me behind his computer screen to see the actual system they use for parts--what a mess. I think the inventory management and graphical reference systems complicate things, so they simply can't or don't want to find them, even parts they may actually have.

·
Registered
W124
4,902 Posts
You aren't giving the classic center enough credit... being patient and sympathetic to the folks in Irvine can be very helpful. One of the parts associates in Irvine invited me behind his computer screen to see the actual system they use for parts--what a mess. I think the inventory management and graphical reference systems complicate things, so they simply can't or don't want to find them, even parts they may actually have.
Okay, they are nice, hardworking people who can't help. Is that better? ;) My W210 2000 e320 needed a catalytic convertor a year or so ago and my dealer couldn't find one in MB's stock here or in Germany (that's the first instance of apathy). I called MBNA and they politely told me to call the Classic Center. (if they cared, they would have done it but they didn't - second instance of apathy and lousy customer service). I called the Classic Center and left a message describing the situation and never heard back from them. I emailed them and the same thing happened. (third instance of apathy and poor customer service). I ultimately found a vendor on line who was pulling items from MB dealerships and purchased the cat pipe for around the same number my dealer quoted. A stand by my experience with the Classic Center - nice helpless people. (I'm being generous on the "nice" because I have never met one of them).

·
Registered
W124
4,902 Posts
I think you’re in the chassis doldrums—is the 210 considered classic by MBUSA?
Therein lies the problem. Mercedes always supported their cars for decades. Now they don't and the Classics Center is being put out there as the solution for Mercedes Benz's deficiencies; but they aren't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts