Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information/feedback on demand for the 300CD models? I have a 1985, and it has high mileage & needs some basics fixed, but obviously still gets great mileage and drives good. I'm debating whether to spend the time & money to keep the car as a 3rd vehicle or to trade it in on a new vehicle. I think down the road, this model will naturally be harder to find than it is now, but I'm leery of how much I'll spend to get it back in great condition.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had 3 300 CD's in my time, they have all gone down in value until around last year when I purchased my 2nd one for $6500, made some minor repairs and was offered $15000 for it 6 months later. My car had 214,000 miles on it, but little rust and has been repainted. I have also noticed several coupes in the paper, none for any less than $8000. It depends on where you live, and what the demand is. I live in the Washington DC area, and demand is reletively high there. Check the prices in the paper around where you live to figure what you can expect to sell it for after the fixing up costs. good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes 300CD's, and its gas equivalent, 280CE's look to be promising classic rare cars. The values do seem to be on a slow rise. NADAguides.com give them good high appraisal values compared to the sedans & even wagons. Look in ebay.com also! There are nice W123 coupes out there for auction. I own two W123's - a sedan (200 Euro version) and a coupe (280ce USA version). Both are very nice and both have different enjoyful personalities. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: 300CD worth

a 1982 300cd w/113k on clock, tranny replaced 10k ago, service records, one family (two owner in family) car, that crummy pale yellow on brown tex interior, great condition to hear it told (did not get a chance to see it). Apparently the car, advertised at 5900/bo, went to the first person that looked at it. Apparently it went down pretty quickly. I've not seen any 280ce's for sale recently in the SF Bay area. I am looking to acquire a 280ce and/or a 1990/1/2 300sl 5sp. the CD and CE coupes definitely are being sought out more actively by people and the prices are slowly rising. There is a nice looking CD on the net in Fort Lauderdale; asking price of 13.5k. So, they are now formally 'sought after' IMHO.<br> <br> Regards,<br> <br> Carl<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: 300CD worth

We purchased a 1982 300cd w/167k; metallic silver/blue repaint (pretty good job), recovered seats, no cracks in dask, good wood, everything works except tachometer. Bought it for 5k and just put another 1k in misc service into it (inc new bilsteins all way around)<br> <br> Steering a little loose; probably needs new box. We figure as long as we, ultimately, put less than 10k total (inc purchase price) into the car we are doing ok as the car is in vey good condition.<br> <br> Carl<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: 300CD worth

(posted 9/5/2001)<br> I'm very hesitant to part with my '84 300CD Turbo, but must. It's Silver w/almost 194K, rust free, running very well. Powerful, solid, and sleek are words that describe it well. Black leather interior; entire vehicle is in great shape. The A/C needs service but all gauges work fine. I'm the third owner and have had it since 109K. It has ALWAYS been garage-kept, pampered and inside during inclement weather. I'm north of Chicago by about 50 miles and need to sell it before November 1st. I can Email PDF images on request. Please send Email with details of your interest and your tentative offer over $7K - serious inquiries only, please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.