Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 300td
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 83 300TD with a weird cargo lamp issue, the light comes on with the switch on the on position when the rear doors are opened, but not when one lifts the tailgate, it then comes on (with the rear doors closed) and the tailgate is closed, then I have to shut it off at the dome lamp. The dash switch works fine. Any one encounter this problem or no what kind of switch lurks in the tailgate???

·
Registered
83 300td
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't see any outside switches so figured it was either a mercury type or something mechanically driven to open up when the door goes up. Didn't find it listed on any parts supplier, only the whole latch on e-bay. I guess I'll be taking it apart.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
83 & 84 300 TD
424 Posts
I get to take mine out again 2 of the plastic clips that hold the rods on the levers where broken

Think then you push the button a bar slides down unlatching the door and tripping the switch

Good luck it is a tight fit and was a pain for me to get out

·
Registered
83 300td
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think that's whats up with mine, I hear the distinctive thunk of a metallic lever landing on metal door whenever I lift it. Oh well, getting it out can't be anymore difficult than squeeezing out a window motor, I thought I was going to need a midwife for that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts