Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 300sl the engine shut off sporadically anytime. I took it in to a independent mercedes shop with over 20 years experience to back up their job, and they couldn't trace the problem. I left the car to them for 2 weeks to find the cure for the problem and know luck. I am very sad and shock. They want me to change what they thought it was and it didn't solve the problem. I don't mind fixing what it takes to solve the problem but it seems that they are guessing. Here's the problem, the engine runs excellent and strong like new. Whether cruising high speeds or parking at a stop light, the engine shuts off anytime it wants. Starting it up is easy and no problem. Has anyone had this problem and can you please suggest what it might be because I don,t want to sell it. This is sad for me because my honda never gives me this type of problem ever and nevertheless, a Mercedes-Benz, the worlds best car, I think not. Please help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a problem close to this too ... mine's a 91 300-24 and its hard to start it after even just about half an hour after shutting it off. but once it starts, there is no problem at all. mine never had the problem of shutting off on idle ... i kinda suspect the fuel injection module as I have already changed the fuel pumps and accumulator.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will need to ask about the fuel injection module and see about the accumulator also but i also suspect probably has something to do with the pcv valve but I will check. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will need to ask about the fuel injection module and see about the accumulator also but i also suspect probably has something to do with the pcv valve but I will check. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a interesting website on it. It tells you alot about the KE-jetronic system. Try browsing<br> www.interject.com.au<br> <br> I find the site helpful.

·
Registered
ML320
63 Posts
hmmm this is very late according to date of original question but did anyone check that the battery was properly connected and that the leads to/from it are OK? Your symptoms are exactly that of a car with intermittant power disruption.

Just a thought....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts