Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 300 SE with no AC. Where is the climate control relay on this car? It worked last fall and has plenty of refrigerant. It worked for a few minutes this spring and that was it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,498 Posts
UH..UH.. what worked? The heat or the AC? I'd say you need to check the Mono valve first, then worry about the CCU. I believe the CCU is in the console above the shifter and coin tray. Above the radio.

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
Welcome packard 1953,
Please take the time to fill out your profile.
And do a forumsearch on AC and/or monovalve and/or CCU as suggested.
How and why can be found in the "welcome to the forum" sticky.

gr J

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The monovalve is new, the climate control unit is new, there is refrigerant in the system. Both the heat and air have worked. It still responds correctly to change in temp, but the compressor will not kick on. Where is the climate control relay on this car? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1986 Euro 300SEL
2,151 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember they changed things and there is a MAS relay. Prior to 1990 I think, there was an OVP relay, a FPR and a Klima relay. On my 1990 300SE, I found the OVP and the MAS. I think the FPR and Klima may have both been integrated into the MAS. Located between the two firewalls closer to the driver's side.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
43,863 Posts
The monovalve is new, the climate control unit is new, there is refrigerant in the system. Both the heat and air have worked. It still responds correctly to change in temp, but the compressor will not kick on. Where is the climate control relay on this car? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts