Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1993 400E
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 E350, gasoline. Parked on slight incline with the front of the car facing up. Removed filter, but did not install new one: left it open.

via dipstick I was able to suck out about 5.5 liters of oil even after jacking up the front end of the car some more. Before procedure, dipstick read near max

poured in about 5.5 quarts and the dipstick ( after brief drive and waiting 10 minutes) reads about half way between min and max.

what in heck? With 6.9 qt specified, I expected to extract 6 quarts or even more (some remains in the engine + old filter)

What displacement of oil do you guys extract ?

thanks

· Registered
2016 E-350w
2 Posts
I use a Mityvac 7201 on my 2016 and was able to extract almost 7 quarts. I also park on a slight incline like you. The difference was I use the rubber seal portion on the Mityvac to extract from the top of the oil dipstick tube, rather than push the tube down into the oil pan. This gave me a better seal and I extracted way more fluid. There are several threads on this site and the other MB forum that discuss this, along with how the dealer does it the same way. Give that a try and see how it works for you.

· Registered
1993 400E
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a Mityvac 7201 on my 2016 and was able to extract almost 7 quarts. I also park on a slight incline like you. The difference was I use the rubber seal portion on the Mityvac to extract from the top of the oil dipstick tube, rather than push the tube down into the oil pan. This gave me a better seal and I extracted way more fluid. There are several threads on this site and the other MB forum that discuss this, along with how the dealer does it the same way. Give that a try and see how it works for you.
thank you, mate! I will do search, based on what you said

· Registered
560SL,380SL,E350
4,404 Posts
I'm using different equipment, but I have found that the dipstick seal is ESSENTIAL if you expect to drain 6+ quarts out of an M276 4MATIC.

· Registered
2016 E-350 Sport
100 Posts
Anyone on this forum ever sucked out engine oil from a dipstick tube on a 2015 E350 with M276 gasoline engine? Chesus….
I use the plastic tube down the dipstick hole method on my 2016 E350 Base (4-Matic is different) and get about 7.5 quarts out. It takes a little bit of adjusting the plastic tube just right to get that last quart out. Push it in too far and only air, pull it out too much and only air. There is a place that is just right. I guess I should mark my tube at the next oil change so that I don't have to search for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts