Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a E320 2k..

The Ac was not blowing very cold.. but it works. I read some of these issued here in the forum. and got myself 19oz bottle of 134A with the gauge on it, leak sealler etc..etc NASA

I turn the vehilce on and put the AC on full blast and LO on both sides.

I connect hte bottle hose to the low side and the guage read almost 45psi. Hum.

It seems normal..hence the gauge says this to be in the normal level. Then I went ahead and reved up the engine...and the pressure dropped to around 20-25 psi..is this normal?

Not knowing if this is normal, I went ahead and put the entire bottle in the system..and still at idle its around 45psi.. but when i rev it drops know to around 30 psi... Not having the right info, i concluded.

So far the AC still works.. it does blow colder U must say, but I feel that it's not the way it suppose to be. I need the right PSI reading for this system..can anyone help?
should put more 134A?

what is the normail PSI reading..during idle and what is it during 2500 RPM.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys, i did some more reading. i did the diagnostics and input the information..
to that site that tells ya whats going on.

Well it seems im still a bit low in the refigerent side.. so i guess I will be adding some more.

thanks anyways

F.

norcimo said:
I have a E320 2k..

The Ac was not blowing very cold.. but it works. I read some of these issued here in the forum. and got myself 19oz bottle of 134A with the gauge on it, leak sealler etc..etc NASA

I turn the vehilce on and put the AC on full blast and LO on both sides.

I connect hte bottle hose to the low side and the guage read almost 45psi. Hum.

It seems normal..hence the gauge says this to be in the normal level. Then I went ahead and reved up the engine...and the pressure dropped to around 20-25 psi..is this normal?

Not knowing if this is normal, I went ahead and put the entire bottle in the system..and still at idle its around 45psi.. but when i rev it drops know to around 30 psi... Not having the right info, i concluded.

So far the AC still works.. it does blow colder U must say, but I feel that it's not the way it suppose to be. I need the right PSI reading for this system..can anyone help?
should put more 134A?

what is the normail PSI reading..during idle and what is it during 2500 RPM.

Thanks

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
There is not one "normal" reading. If you consult the Climate-Control Diagnostic Manual, it gives a chart. The proper low AND HIGH side readings vary with temperature and humidity.

And just a friendly suggestion, next time eschew the leak sealers and get pure 134a. Those sealers often do more harm than good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the advice.

i will check again..but so far its working great. Here in Florida it was 86F outside around 3:30PM, I got the cabin temp to as low as 62F.

It think it needed one refill.. im leaving it as is.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts